Kings Hotel
Hotel Una(Brighton)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
1,751 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontlimited parkingbreakfast staffwould stay againfull englishpleasant staybrighton centrebreakfast was includedregency squareyogurtseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

spent two nights at this hotel to watch two concerts in the Brighton Theatre. The hotel was great nice and cosy ! unlike some of the bigger hotels nearby which seemed to commercial !! the staff were really friendly ...especially the bar staff !! the room was clean and a decent size. This hotel is great to go and see the shows at the Brighton Theatre which we prefer to do then to see shows at our nearby 02 venue ... where ever you sit you always get a great view of the stage and the reasonable price of this hotel makes it an ideal place to stay for a short stay to do shopping in the nearby mall, watch a concert and have a nice meal. Will certainly use again.
t

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and it was great to read how you enjoyed the hotel and the staff were friendly. Reading your review it sounds as though you will be back again? I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights as a weekend break.Good location right on the front almost opposite the burnt out pier.Only 15 mins walk from the station(even in the sleet).
Staff friendly and helpfull-no problem when we asked for more coffee for our room.
Room was clean and comfortable(wierd uneaven floor but it is an old building)Nice and warm with a good bathroom-deep bath with shower over.Plenty of hot water.Towels changed daily even though we had hung them up to reuse.Reaching the body/hairwash while in the bath was awkward(perhaps another dispenser nearer bath level needed).
Tea/coffee making was a bonus when we came in from the cold/snow.
We had room only so can not comment on the food.Bar service was slow.Only member of staff was running bar and checking people in as well-not realy a major problem.
Wifi worked in our room on the 4th -a bonus as we did not have to sit down in reception.
Would recommend the hotel to friends and would use it again if we needed to stay in Brighton

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review after your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel was in a good location with friendly stafff.

Once again thanks for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in October on a very rare weekend away from the kids. Our room was a basic double room, very small and cramped but adequate I guess. The only real problem was the flooring was a health and safety hazard. The floors are all slanted! I mean if you put a coin on one side of the table it rolls all the way down to the other side. My husband fell on the flooring and as he fell he went into the radiator and the regulator to the radiator did not have a cover it was bare metal and my husband pierced the palm of his hand quite badly and couldn't use his hand for about 2 weeks after that. He was in pain the whole of our stay and we spent 3 hours in a walk in clinic getting it dressed. When we spoke to the hotel staff they were more concerned with filling out their incident form than how my husband was feeling. The asked us to tell them what happened at the walk in clinic and when we did they didn't say anything! No apology nothing. The only thing they did do was change our rooms as there was loads of blood all over the place from when the injury occurred and as the new room had a sea view they thought they were doing us a favour I guess as it was officially an 'upgrade' but we didn't have a good nights sleep as this room was also slanted flooring and when you went to sleep your legs were higher in the air than your head! very odd indeed, we complained and demanded a refund or compensation but no one seemed to care or be interested. Very poor service and health and safety standards definately wouldn't take children there!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank newton_penny
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your review after your stay at the hotel and I apologise that we did not meet your expectations. I do hope your husband has recovered from his hand injury. Unfortunately it is health and safety that requires the incident to be recorded and I know the staff were concerned and they felt that since you would need to change rooms that giving you a sea view would be a nice gesture. The building is converted from a series of Edwardian town houses and it is impossible for all floors to be even. However our health and safety advisors have looked at the floors and have not found the slop a danger to guests.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have given this hotel a five star rating based on the value for money it represents as i paid £49.00 for one night B&B.
Stayed in January as a cheap base when in the area on business and the expenses werent stretching very fair.
The room was a decent size not tiny, but average and despite being simple wasnt old fashioned and was exceptionally clean. For a value for money hotel the bedroom cleanliness i must say would rival any large coportates ( in some cases outdo i suspect). Loved the nice feature headboards and how the bed was made clean white sheets as tight as anything.
Shower was hot and powerfull, tea & coffee supplies were great and the hotel was very warm.
Staff were all pleasent especially the reception staff, one particular special mention to the guy on the bar from new zealand a great guy to talk to.
Heard a couple of people griping at a couple of things here but i really think you cant argue with this hotel at all. If in the area again i will stay here again even if i have a bigger budget this is a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask Reception for a sea view and they'll oblige if they can
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind review after your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. The staff are friendly and this is something we strive to keep when recruiting new members to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here for a couple days in January. I had a room on the 5th floor, so having the lift was nice. The single room was cosy but the bathroom was a reasonable size, as in I didn't have to manoeuvre myself around the door to use the toilet. The staff were friendly and helpful, although a bit of a drag that you can only use the free wifi in the common areas but hey, it was free. Not too long of a walk into town, took me about 20min from Brighton Pier and I walk quite slow. And not too far from a bunch of restaurants up Preston Street.

• Stayed: January 2013
Iain L, General Manager at Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your review of the hotel after your recent stay. I was pleased to read you found the location of the hotel good with plenty of restaurants in the vacinity. I am looking into the WIFI to extend it to all areas of the hotel. Hopefully if you retrun again we will have this sorted for you.

Look forward to welcoming you back again.