4,955 results
All reviews sea view sea front brighton seafront breakfast was excellent pier
Reviewed February 7, 2016

This is a very busy hotel, which is why the check in and out queue is always so long and it seems to take forever before you get to the top if it!

Our rooms were lovely and spacious. The beds were uncomfortable, but I find this with all Hilton Hotels, they have very hard mattresses, devoid of any padding or luxury!

The retauarant food and service was very good. Particularly breakfast.

It's a lovely hotel, in an idyllic location. For this reason, I would revisit.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2016

Dear thegreedygannet,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay with us and delighted that you had also enjoyed your dining and breakfast experiences.

Please accept my apologies for the comfort of the bed I am very sorry to read of your discomfort.

I do hope to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

We bought a living social offer voucher and cannot fault the experience, the restaurant is beautiful and with the jazz music playing in the background by a live band really made the experience special. A good selection to choose from on the starter buffet and the carvery with the dessert choices really to die for. Service was efficient and friendly. The full price is double what we paid so excellent value, so good we would return at full price!

Dear Familybreaks,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I am so delighted you enjoyed your Jazz Sunday Lunch experience in our 1890 Restaurant. Your comments have been shared with both my Executive Head chef and his team and the 1890 team.

I do hope you will be joining us again soon.

In summary:

- all staff consistently friendly and helpful.
- new Salt Room restaurant superb (advanced bookings essential). A great use of the space and welcome addition.
- Waterhouse Bar very pleasant environment to have a drink and good food (best burger I've had in a long time).
- very good breakfast experience (no queues on Saturday or Sunday).
- swimming pool & sauna / steam room not that busy on Saturday afternoon - very pleasant experience.
- Room was just OK (refurbished, but quite small with bed against wall). Shower, no bath. Room felt a bit plain in contrast with the public areas.
- It is probably worth asking for a room with a bath if you want one.

Best aspect: The staff - a real credit to the hotel. Nothing was too much bother, and they appeared to take pride in their work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath if you want one - some have showers only.

Dear JuA036,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I am very grateful that you would take the time to pass on your very positive feedback, I was particularly pleased to read the feedback on my team so thank you.

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the SALT rooms, pool & gym and the breakfast it is always nice to receive good feedback to share with the team.

I do hope you will be returning in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2016

This hotel is right on the sea-front and a short walk from the lanes and main town. Pleasant hotel and pleasant stay. Hotel staff not very receptive to special diets (i.e. gluten free), but otherwise a good experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Nick G,
Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

As you say the hotel does have a great location and is a great base from which to explore the local area.

I would like to apologies that you felt my team were not receptive of your dietary requirements, your feedback has been discussed with the managers of the relevant departments who in turn will deliver your feedback to each briefing until all team members are aware of the impact this had on you and your stay.

I do hope that despite any disappointment experienced on this occasion, we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our usual warm welcome on a future visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2016

I thought The Hilton chain had a certain cache, not this establishment. The place is so tatty and tired. No sign of a doorman, just gangs of people wandering in and out of the lobby. Worn carpets, chipped paintwork. We had some booking.com points to use up so had a "suite" laughable, we just had to pay the VAT, about £50, which was probably what the suite was worth. Looked for a fridge in our room, nothing, looked under the TV in the "lounge area" and behind the cupboard doors was a small statue?? Phoned down to sk for a fridge and on our return there was one on the bedroom floor, classy! Went down for breakfast in the morning and the queue snaked out to the lifts. Some friends attending the same party as us had a room there and were so disappointed they didn't even bother staying there and got a cab home! AVOID

Room Tip: Check out and go elsewhere
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
3  Thank fernhead100
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Dear fernhead100,

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I was sorry to read of your disappointment and would like to offer my apologies that we did not reach your expectations during your recent stay.

Please rest assured your comments have been shared with my management team for review with their departments.