“Great location but a bit worn.”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
australia
“Great location but a bit worn.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Public areas of the hotel are quite grand but desperately in need of a spruce up. Our room was clean and comfortable but a little bit dated. The breakfast was excellent with a huge range of choices and vast quantities of food on offer. The hotel is brilliantly located right on the sea front and within easy walking distance of the centre of town. Free wifi in the lobby and the staff were professional and helpful. This hotels glory days are behind it but it does have redeeming features.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonBrighton, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay with us and I was delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay at the hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read that the service provided by our team made your stay more enjoyable.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
SURREY UK
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are alright just a bit on the small side.
Hotel was very clean and welcoming.
We love brighton and it is close to everything.
The food was so fantastic we couldn't get enough.
We would recommend a stay here.
Price were good.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Rachel,

I have shared your comments regarding your thoughts on the food with our Executive Head Chef to share with his team.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this "hotel" December 2012 for a conference and I have to give them the credit for making me endure the worst Hilton experience I had in my entire life. As a Gold HH member I thought I might be treated with some kind of respect usually given to those with a long loyalty to that hotel chain, but far from it. They put me in a room on the 6th floor, a total rat hole with stains and dirt everywhere. When complaining about the cold air rushing through the cracks in the door and windows I was told to use the electrical mini heater provided in the room and shut the curtains (great advise). The pluming in the bathroom was from the last century and just as dirty and neglected. Service was awful and I cannot appreciate being pushed around already during breakfast. If you are a loyal Hilton guest, try and stay somewhere else. I couldn't find anything good in here or worth being loyal. But perhaps my status saved me from having to sleep in the dust bin? Dreadful place.

Room Tip: The best way to chose a room is in another hotel.Just don't go there.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reisepaepstin
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with all aspects of your stay with us. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies to you for not meeting your expectations.

I would like to apologise for the service you received during your stay, this certainly is not the standards we are striving to achieve, however contrary to your comments, we receive an enormous amount of positive feedback regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of our team here from our guests.

Once again please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and please be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Ross

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

BC
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The first room we were given was so hot and in complete disrepair. The toilet was broken, hinges on the bar fridge were ripped out, there were holes in the walls, the decor was dated. Insist on a room that is hooked up to the air exchange system. It is not air conditioning but our second room had it and it made a world of difference.

On a positive note, the breakfast was great, the common areas were glamorous, and the staff worked very hard to fix problems that were brought to their attention.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are created equal. Do not hesitate to see a couple rooms before you accept one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, new Zealand
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed one night and had booked and paid for this room 6 months ago. It is in a good position and we found the breakfast lovely and couldn't fault it. The rooms are a good size but what is with the jug!! To plug it in is bordering on dangerous as you have to carry the entire tray to Another part of the room to plug it in. We were told we had Air Con on arrival but we didn't so after complaining (with sweat running down our faces) we were given a fan!!! Based on the closest power point, we couldn't even feel it in bed and it wasn't a pleasant evening. For a Hilton we weren't impressed although the staff member sent to resolve the issue was very helpful and gave us an ice bucket with free drinks which was a nice touch. The Concierge was basically rude (I believe he was Iranian as I wouldn't want any other staff member to be put in this category). We felt we should have stayed somewhere else

Room Tip: Ask for Air Con...just in case you need it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay and I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction.

Your comments regarding the service you received from one of our concierge team during your stay has been shared with the relevant management to immediately address, as this certainly is not the standards of service we are striving to achieve.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

surrey
Reviewed July 20, 2013

stayed for one night in june with my partner, room was extremly expensive so expected a lot, but was very disappointed. Rooms need updating, bed was squeeky, bathroom basic, could hear all the noise at night as on seafront. also, to add to my dissapointment, we had to pay for breakfast as it wasnt included (£196 for one night-no breakfast!).
i wouldnt stay again, feel they overcharge for the name of the hotel. the room was not worth 4 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisa a
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments following your recent stay with us and I am sorry to read of your disappointments about the hotel.

I can confirm that we have a variety of room tariffs available to include breakfast, breakfast and dinner as well as room only. However our reception team do offer our guests that have booked room only to add breakfast to their stay at a discounted rate.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel.

Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is situated right on the front of Brighton and close to the shopping centre and The Lanes shopping area. There are plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. Breakfast are well organised and the bar is well stocked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay.

The hotel as you say does have a great location and is in easy walking distance to many different restaurants, clubs and bars, it also make a great base for our guests to explore the local area.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.