“champagne breakfast”

Hilton Brighton Metropole
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I went with 3 friends to celebrate a girlfriends birthday... found a deal on zoo for £24 A couple.... it was a buffet that looked like it had been sitting there for a couple of hours, we arrived at 9.15! I asked for a poched egg which appeared in seconds hard and cold! The cooked breakfast looked distgusting and tasted the same. The waitress had a black suit on that was filthy with stains all down the front. Wanted it to be a lovely bithday for her and the greasy cafe would have been better! for a top hotel surely that can do better than this! looks a great deal but isnt as you cant eat the food!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GuyHilton-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear 186sue,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent trip to Brighton please accept my apologies for the disappointment you had with your recent Champagne breakfast which you booked through Travel Zoo.

We have received many bookings from Travel Zoo for our Champagne breakfast and have had many a delighted guest that enjoyed our Hilton breakfast, and we also do get a lot of very positive comments on our breakfast in general from our hotel residents.

However I was disappointed to read that you felt your experience was below our usual standards, I have spoken to Mark Davies our Waterhouse Restaurant Manager who would also like to offer his apologies and would be delighted to discuss this with you in more detail. If you could send him your contact details he would be more than happy to call you to resolve your dissatisfaction.

Please email your details to mark.davies@hilton.com

Once again please accept my apologies for your disappointment with your Champagne breakfast.

Regards

Guy

Write a ReviewReviews (4,512)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for one night on 17 February as we were attending an event in their convention rooms. We booked through Hotels.com and were allocated a family room, which had a king size and a single bed - although only two of us were staying.

The public rooms of the hotel are every impressive. The grand staircase really makes a statement. The bar is very nicely and comfortably decorated and is a nice space to spend time. The room was a little disappointing. Brighton isn't a cheap place to stay, but for the £120 we paid for the night we expected a little more. There was damp under the window, the grills over the air-con vents on the ceilings appeared to have been sealed with Sellotape. Although on closer inspection it appeared to be some kind of security thing? Odd to say the least. The decor in the bathroom was tired and needs a face-lift. to be fair however, I do believe that the hotel is currently undergoing an upgrade, so if you get a refurbed room, most of our points would be moot. Room had ironing board, iron and hair dryer. All the staff members we encountered were professional and helpful. We'd stay again, but would request a room that had already been refurbished. Two major upsides, the bed was VERY comfortable and the room was by far the quietest we've ever stayed in in Brighton (room 539).

Room Tip: Choose 539 if it's been refurbished. No view, but because it overlooks a light well, it's ve...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuyHilton-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Suzanne85,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room. I can confirm the hotel will continue to refurbish more of its bedrooms in 2013.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at the hoel as we were attending a Valentine Ball which was being held there. The reception was excellent if a little small for such a large hotel with good service from the receptionist. Our room was fine. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated but also clean . Everything was going well until the guests arrived in the adjoining room which was connected by a locked door. There was a large gap under the door so you could see movement and also worst of all, hear conversation even with the television on.
Breakfast was good and the staff very helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid an inter connecting room

Dear JohnexRM,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed the service from the team here and also our superb breakfast.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room, your comment have been shared with our facilities team to investigate.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend just spend the weekend at this hotel as we were attending the Brighton Tattoo convention . Even though they were fully booked, they were very quicke checking us in and got an amazing room on the 5th floor with see views that takes your breath away! (Ask for room 522) Staff is polite and very proffessional. The room is confortable, clean and with everything you need, coffee/tea, toiletries etc. The breakfast is to die for, everything you can imagine (I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed not to be able to try everything as it was so much choice!) fresh and staff very quick even as I said the hotel was fully booked. I have to say that I have stayed at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills Los Angeles and my god, they need to learn from this Hilton in Brighton as it is so much more superior in every way.

For the young the street were all the clubs and bars are is just two streets down, a huge shopping centre right next building and the famous Brighton pier 5 minutes walk.

Parking can be found next street for 25 pound for 24 hours, although they say there is a hotel one for 16 pound for 24 hours but we didnt check it. We found an underground two streets further up in a little square for £12.50 for 24 hours but was full.

Very pleased.

2  Thank Alex47634

Dear Alex47634,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience, throughout your stay. I was delighted that you enjoyed our Hilton breakfast as we do get a lot of very positive comments on it.

The hotel as you say has a great location and with the facilities we provide and refurbishments we have made is a great base from which to explore the local area. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent 3 nights here on a business trip, and was pleasantly surprised, considering the size of the hotel. Good points: breakfast, friendly staff, cleanliness. Bad points: considering the room rate, a charge of £14.99 a day for internet access is excessive. My room was very small for a 4 star hotel, (Premier Inn rooms are far superior), but that said had been recently refurbished and was spotless. The bathroom was also very clean and modern, but spoilt by a cracked sink, and use of a shower curtain instead of a screen.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear KSB5050,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Brighton Metropole.

I was delighted to read that you and found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay with us, and you enjoyed our famous Hilton Breakfast.

I have shared your comments regarding the price of the internet with the relevant Head of Department for their review.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The good: I stayed here with my Partner who I hadn't seen in 9 weeks due to work so I really wanted this place to be great, which it was! The staff member we checked in with was great, really personal and friendly. He made us feel most welcome. (sorry his name escapes me) but clearly a credit to the team. We had booked a sea view deluxe room which certainly didn't disappoint. The room was clean and fresh, plenty of complimentary refreshments and a great view over the old pier. The bed was huge too. We had a great night sleep. The room was warm and cosy. The complimentary toiletries were of great quality too. The only this I would mention is there was a small patch of warn carpet in the corner which didn’t look great, and for a Hilton, It probably should have been replaced.

Now for the not so good bits, The breakfast. We hadn't pre booked the breakfast option but decided to go for it at check in. It was terrible. All the cooked breakfast items were of poor quality and clearly hadn't been refreshed since it opened in the morning. The two 'cooks' behind the counter were miserable and unwelcoming. The waitresses though, were attentive and offered us coffee quickly after being seated. I had a mix of falling apart bacon, and few old mushrooms and a yoghurt. - For £10 per head, i was shocked. Couldn't wait to get out of the restaurant.

The second bad bit, was that a member of staff knocked on our door at 08:30 and asked us what time we were checking out? I was surprised. Check out is the usual 11am and this gentleman woke us up. I was not very pleased!

As a regular client of Hilton's around the country and a Hhonours member, I was shocked that some staff were a lot less trained than the others. It seems the lower ranked staff members find it hard to give good customer service.

Over all, most of the staff were great, as was the hotel. Just a little more customer service training needed for a few members of staff.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea view rooms! Avoid Breakfast, unless you are early.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Alex W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay and I am delighted you found our team to be friendly and helpful.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our Hilton breakfast as we do get a lot of very positive comments on it, your comment have been shared with our Executive Head Chef.

Please accept my apologies for your disturbed sleep during your stay, I have discussed the issue with our Rooms Divisions Manager to address with his team.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed one night the hotel is superb the staff are well mannered and very helpful the room was clean and fresh. The only downside was we booked a single room for the wifes mother and it was very disapointing it reminded me of a servants room in a vicrorian manor house.
But overall i would recomend this hotel to everyone............5 Stars apart from the mother inlaws room.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BarryB768
GuyHilton-GM, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear BarryB768,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay with us and I was delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay at the hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read that our team made your stay more enjoyable.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment of the single room please be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards