“Excellent hotel”

Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton
Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed in the Albion hotel in June 2013, front of staff happy to help,even though they had three coaches in at the time,room clean and smelt fresh,easy access with a wheel chair,bar staff happy to help with ramp (would be good if a permanent ramp was made),food good and and staff willing to help with people that needed help,with the food thank you all for my break and will return,

Room Tip: All rooms are good,and most rooms are near lift
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
NickWright715, General Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave comments about your recent stay at The Royal Albion.

I am pleased to hear your room was satisfactory and that you enjoyed the food.

We have ongoing training with our reception staff and try our best to make the checking in process as smooth and quick as possible.

I would be delighted to welcome you back for a visit in the future.

Nick Wright HCIMA
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Decided to treat my boyfriend to a short break away as he was getting over a bad motorcycle accident. He was on crutches and limping following surgery.

We arrived late afternoon and the check in was quick and easy but due to The Brighton Festival, there were limited rooms availlable. We stayed in either 192 or 191 which was a bit of a journey but the room was clean and after we freshened up we made our way out to explore the city and have dinner.

After a wonderful night we made our way back to the hotel and had a nightcap in the bar (which overlooks the pier and the wheel). We enjoyed the ambience and the friendly atmosphere and then at around midnight decided to go to bed.

As we made our way to our room we were greeted by a smartly dressed young man and we asked him for directions to the room. (it is a huge hotel). He introduced himself as the Night Manager Mike. We engaged in chatting and he asked about the fact my boyfriend was on crutches and having mobility difficulties.

After this he offered to move us to a nearer room and even helped us move our luggage. I thought that this was brilliant customer services and 'going the extra mile' to accommodate us. I work in the service industry and this even impressed me.

After we settled he assured us that should we get hungry or need anything, to dial '0' and ask for him personally. We bumped into Mike the following night and again his charm and warmth beamed.

The breakfast offered a wide range of food and there was as much as you could eat. Staff in the restaurant were very friendly and quickly attended to everyone. There was a bit of a Q but this is a busy hotel.

We look forward to returning to this hotel towards the end of summer but felt that good customer service should be recgonised always. Thank you

Room Tip: Sea view is wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review regarding your recent stay. We welcome all comments from guests regarding their stay, and yours showcases the kind of service we provide to the vast majority of our customers.

I have passed your comments onto Mike who asked me to express his gratitude.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed here twice. Although the hotel needs a little revamp its good value for money. Rooms basic but clean. Food basic but lots of it. If u want a 5 star holiday then don't book into a 3 star hotel. My husband and I are coming back this year.( 2013)

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Brighton in the future,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was exactly what we wanted. It is difficult to believe the people with the negative reviews stayed at the same hotel as my wife and myself. We did note that there were some rooms that were below ground level. We didn't pay extra for our room, but we did book it for 5 nights which may have resulted in better placement than people booking a "one nighter" It had a view of the pier , , was clean and everything worked. We also booked with breakfast. We found the breakfast to be very sufficient.
The hotel lounge faces the pier and beach and seats approximately 100 people in plush, living room type chairs and sofas. The view is fabulous. We are from the US and were surprised to find that all of the cliental we talked to were from the UK. They were excited about being there and their spirit was contagious.
This is not a Hilton or a Marriot, etc. It is a well kept, well managed hotel that reflects a step back in time to an earlier England. Don't miss it.

Room Tip: we didn't ask for any special placement and were well satisfied. From reading others comments...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Sunday night for conference, was booked in for a standard double. The first room I was allocated was in the basement, twin single beds with a window that was above head height and looked straight onto a wall. The room felt cold and damp and the paint was peeling off the wall. I returned to the desk to complain and was then allocated another room also in the basement but though the lights worked this room was even colder and damper than the first, the bathroom was dirty and the room had NO WINDOW. It felt like a prison cell and had pictures of nude women on the wall. I didn't ask for another room but checked out and found somewhere else. This place is an UTTER DISGRACE and should not be allowed to operate. Staff didn't care and didn't apologise. Can't express how terrible this hotel is, I have never stayed anywhere worse and would rather have slept on the beach!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
NickWright715, General Manager at Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

I take your comments about our staff very seriously and I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the levels of customer service.

You have mentioned the rooms are filthy, damp and dirty. There may have been an issue with your particular room but I am sure that the majority of our rooms are not any of these things. I am sorry that you experienced this and that we were not able to accommodate you in a room of a better standard. We do try to deal with any housekeeping or maintenance issues as soon as they are reported.

We would be happy to welcome you back for a future stay at The Royal Albion Hotel and hope that you would have a pleasant stay experienced by the majority of our guests.

Nick Wright
Operations Manager (HCIMA)
Royal Albion Hotel

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived at Royal Albion after a day at the races, booking into our double room was dealt with very quickly, we were told to proceed downstairs! Opened our room to be greeted by 4! single beds!!! We immediately about turned back to the reception where we were swiftly reassigned a double room. Proceeding downstairs again, we opened the door it was dark thought the curtains were shut but alas there were no curtains or even a window!!! We were in the basement with what seemed to be a skylight. We left our bags went out for the evening & when we returned what we thought was a skylight turned out to be a false ceiling with a light inside it there was no natural light in this room at all! Thinking things could get no worse we went to bed. The following morning revealed a shower that did not work at all, a very dated tv with a non working remote & a total of four bubs in the room that needed replacing. Breakfast was a very uninspiring buffet in a restaurant which was over flowing so much that staff were relaying tables in the adjoining bar area. would echo other comments need a complete revamp or demolition.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 5Julie5

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

You have mentioned our rooms have no windows. The majority of our rooms has windows. I am sorry that you experienced this and that we were not able to accommodate you in a room of a better standard. We do try to deal with any housekeeping or maintenance issues as soon as they are reported.

Nick Wright
Operations Manager (HCIMA)
Royal Albion Hotel

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have just stayed at this hotel for the weekend.
It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
The room was filthy, the bathroom stank there was water leaking through the ceiling from the room above, the shower didnt work properly and the food was terrible.
we booked bed breakfast and evening meal and after trying the food we ate out.
Quite frankly if the staff couldnt care about the appearance and cleanliness of the rooms I would hate to think whay the kitchens were like.
I would never ever recommend or stay in this digusting hotel again.
Even the taxi drivers told us the royal albion would be the last place they would recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms are all as bad as each other we had friends staying at the same time and their room was the sa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

I can only apologise that the food was not of a satisfactory standard. We serve the food in our largest room in the hotel and offer people a choice of a Full English Breakfast, or for lunch and dinner a choice of starters, mains and desserts. The majority of our customers are very happy with this choice.