Royal Albion Hotel-Brighton
Hotel du Vin(Brighton)
  • Restaurant
Elysian Hotel(Brighton)
3,107 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Been to this hotel about 10 times last few years. It's location and price always made up for the outdated room and the mold in the bathroom. But with every visit the room we got were more outdate. During my last visit, 2 months ago we were put in a room in the basement. It seriously look liked a room that could have been used in one of the Saw movies, lots of mold, small, and the room was very humid. We had to let the door of the room open for about an hour before it got better.
My mates actually were lucky, they had a room with a big window. This room could not be closed, the hotel staff had put few towels between the window and the windowframe.
The breakfast is okay, you can choose from lots of different products. It did taste okay and everything was fresh.
+ Location
+ Price
- Dirty bathrooms
- outdated

Room Tip: Try avoiding the basement rooms, and it seems the rooms with the Pier view are decent. Even when these rooms are a bit more expensive, consider paying this as the other rooms are worse.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Me and my wife went to this hotel on a special deal they were offering, room, 3 course meal, bottle wine and breakfast for £65 a night, so I'm not going to be to complaisant, however, the hotel is out of date, the tv in the room is really old, and the furniture looks like its from the 50's. the duvet was exactly the same size as the mattress, so there was no overhang therefore not making the bed very snug. And the room was really cold! the heating wasn't on, so asked at reception about the heating and they said they turn the heating off as it was summer time, (may 23rd).

But overall was ok due to the location, the food was good too, though at breakfast the coffee they have was horrible.

For what we paid it was ok, I'm just glad i didn't pay full price.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, look for special deals/offers.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel. The room is a bit small but clean. The breakfast is good. It is a value for money hotel. The bus terminal is on the back side of the hotel, so, it is very convenient to travel to and from Heathrow and Gatwick airport.

Room Tip: There is just one small elevator. It could accommodate only 2-3 persons at a time.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family booked three double rooms as a birthday present back in January. For Weekend 17-19th May .My daughter had asked for us to be close together. We were on 1st floor, one was on 4th floor and the other room was over nightclub. We could not have been further apart.

I enquired about parking and was told the closest was the Theatre car park, They said it was just behind the hotel. I was not sure of the distance so went ahead and booked for two nights at a cost of £40.00.

I had to struggle with wheelchair,suitcase and bags for a good 15 mins walk. This I accepted. I was looking forward to spending time with my family for the weekend
The room itself was straight out of Faulty Towers. Although I am sure the furniture must have been in better state, stained, chunks out, tea tray very poor.
The next morning the breakfast was almost cold.and unedible. I just had toast.
My daughter in law had booked a restaurant that we were looking forward too Saturday evening. We had spent the day on front and Pier which we had enjoyed.We returned to our rooms at 4.00pm to get bathed and changed ready for the evening.We had to leave hotel by 6.30pm. Unable to wash. It was not the same putting on our Glad rags and feeling dirty hair not washed, a woman would understand this. Also for a time the lift was not working, so we worried how we were to get my husband down stairs no apologies from staff.
We had a wonderful meal in a lovely Fish Restaurant. we would send anyone too. A surprise Birthday cake and my family around me. This had made up for the disappointment with the dirty shabby hotel.With a sea view that you had to have window open to see as they were so dirty. I would not recommend any one too this hotel. I would be embarrassed to do so. This could have so spoilt my 70th Birthday. My family being there was the world too me. Another daughter and son also travelled from London to be with us.
So please do not expect anything good if you book this hotel for any occasion, It is dreadful. The most we can be compensated for is a 10% for one night. We are going to look into this further. I have contacted Watchdog too.

Room Tip: Dont go there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Joining it's sister hotel "Britannia Airport Hotel, Manchester" in the top 5 worst hotel's I've ever stayed in, The Albion is more Jim Royle than suited to the Queen.
Good Points: Great location, room overlooked the Pier. 10/10
Bad Points: Room smelt of stale fags, Floorboards in room above creaked, Sash windows didn't seal, so were loud & rattley and the room was freezing! The lovely white linen was spoilt by a horrid old rag at the end of the bed. Once upon a time this was probably a lovely runner. Now bobbly, stained and faded - BIN THEM ALBION!! Curtains let in too much light, may as well not bother drawing them. The TV was prehistoric and there were only two plug sockets for the whole room. Bring your own shampoo/shower gel - theres only enough to clean a small rodent. No toilet on ground level, a very long walk from the bar/dining room. Sofas in the main lounge area ripped/torn/worn through. The whole hotel needs a refit, it's knackard.
And to top everything off.. At breakfast we were evacuated to an uncleaned bar as the ceiling was falling in due to [from the stained ceiling seemingly another] water leak.

STAY ELSEWHERE!!!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple