“Beautiful Hotel!”
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I have to say this is one of the best Hotels In Brighton! The hotel is modern and you should be guaranteed a relaxing night. The balcony views are by far the most spectacular of all the ones I've seen as it on looks the seafront and has a great view of everything. Next time we need a hotel in Brighton this is the one we will be coming to!

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for The Grand Brighton

Reviewed August 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed weekend from Friday 1st Aug 2 nights, must say everything was marvellous check in was great from Amanda and colleague very friendly, lovely room 503,we used the lounge for drinks all the staff there were fantastic, did not use the restaurant except for breakfast the food was lovely and again friendly staff, charming lounge guys I must add, must mention the guys on the main door also great service and very welcoming and finally Anna Jones a lovely lady. I left some shoes in the wardrobe I e-mailed and this evening the Grand have rang me to say they will post them on excellent phone call from a South African sounding Lady, Thankyou, All in all I can not thank the staff enough we are often in Brighton, our first stay at the Grand but not our last, Well done all and again Thankyou,Robert & Stuart.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Booked well in advance with a saver rate but a lovely hotel. Definitely worth the star rating, not a huge amount to say other than just being a very nice stay, big rooms, very nice breakfast and friendly staff, didn't use the bar but always seemed very nice with a piano playing etc.

The only gripe I had was the shower head had a bit of limescale buildup that I had to clean to get a decent shower and the view from my room wasn't great but aside from that was fantastic.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stayed for three nights booking a deluxe sea view room, it's worth paying more for this style of room. The room was very spacious with a separate dressing room , a huge sofa and two comfy chairs. It had a fabulous view of the sea and had a balcony. It was hot when we stayed but the room was ok for sleeping with the fan provided. The bedding was changed daily and there were plenty of toiletries too. The bathroom was great with a deep bath and separate shower. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food and service were excellent. Breakfasts on all three mornings were lovely, lots of fruit and healthy alternatives and a full English if wanted. I found the service by all staff from reception to the restaurant very good. I would definitely stay again at this hotel and fear this room has spoilt me for other hotel stays. Will I find another room as grand!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We went to attend a party in the Albert room.

The room was smaller than expected and did not have the greatest atmosphere, it was hot and stuffy.

The food that was laid out was good, but they need to make us more aware of allergen dishes - I can't eat nuts but the chicken was in a satay sauce - to which I didn't know until after one bite!!

Drinks were pricey, better off purchasing at the bar, that's when you eventually get served.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and daughter whilst attending the University open day. Booked 2 classic rooms but found ours rather small (especially for the cost). Nicely furnished but the window wouldn't open and quite dark as it overlooked an ugly brick building. Daughters room was brighter with an outside window in the bathroom and was ok for 1 person. Reception offered us a larger room with a better outlook at extra cost. Definately worth booking one of the more expensive sea view rooms but could be noisy from the busy road. The beds were comfy and the room well equiped. Breakfast was fine, didn't try the restaurant for an evening meal. Car parking was extra. Good location close to restaurants and excellent shops. The staff were all polite and helpful. Would stay again but think the hotel is overpriced for the majority of its accommodation.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank caf23
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. We had to book via a third party as when we tried to book direct with the hotel they were only able to offer us two nights. Rather odd I thought!

The staff were welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.

Anyway, our double room was on the third floor and from our window we could just see the sea when sitting by the window. The room was of a good size and freshly decorated with a clean, modern feel. The en suite was clean and fresh too.

No air con but a fan was in the cupboard.

Breakfast was on all mornings rather disappointing.
The first morning we went down for 9.30am (breakfast is served until 10am but they don't turn you away even at 10.30) there were hardly any pastries left and plates, bowls were missing so you had to find a member of staff to fetch these from the kitchen. Then you found that perhaps there was bacon but no mushrooms or sausages, so whilst you stood and waited for that item to be brought out the bacon would have all gone and so again you would have to wait. Once back at your table I found the breakfast cold!!!! I did speak to the restaurant manager who reassured me this would be looked at, he apologised and did actually come back to us auto say the burners had gone out but this would be rectified for tomorrow. Sadly the 2nd morning was exactly the same, no pastries left, cooked buffet breakfast was cold and disappointing.
So on morning number 3 we decided to get up early to see if that made any difference! We arrived at 8am and yes there were plenty of pastries to chose from but sadly although there were plates and bowls and food in every dish it still wasn't that hot. Warm yes but certainly not hot!!!

With the lack of pastries, if you state breakfast is from say 7.30-10am then there should be enough for everyone whatever time you show up, but with the issue of the cooked breakfast, the temperatures need to be looked at better.

The bar/lounge is comfortable and again the staff are very helpful.

The location is superb and Brighton itself is a fantastic mix of people so love it!

We would stay here again but maybe miss the breakfast unless they can offer a freshly cooked breakfast instead of the buffet.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple