“Great venue for a networking function”
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I attended a two part networking meeting at The Grand Brighton earlier this week. The meeting was in the conservatory on one of the hottest days of the year so far. With all the blinds and shutters closed to block the glare and heat and with the doors open to encourage a through draft we managed. The venue is fabulous with sea views and a lovely set up in terms of flexibility in use of the room. The Grand is a lovely, prestigious venue and has recently become an independent hotel (not part of a chain or group). The Ladies Powder Room deserves a mention - gracious and spacious (an advantage of the big rooms in an old building). We had a great workshop in the morning and the hotel staff quickly turned the room around in half an hour flat for an afternoon tea - impressive. I found the staff we worked with were excellent in their responsiveness to requests for various things such as an extra table for the projector and more cold water, etc. I enjoyed my time there, thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights 11th & 12th June 2014 - what a mistake. While the rooms are ok and the location perfect the rudeness of everyone of the staff on the front desk was astonishing. First they messed up my reservation without an apology, then they simply refused to help me locate a travel plug adaptor (I'm from Australia) and then they put me in a different room meaning we had to wait for our bags to be relocated. In contrast the staff in the bar and restaurant were perfectly fine. Hotels must realise first impressions are important - and it would be a good idea to put staff on the front desk who understand basic English. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith R
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Well have to say that my wife booked this as a surprise and what an enjoyable one it was. We had a lovely room with very comfortable, king size bed and a nice sea view. The room was very comfortable and spacious with tea and coffee provided and a lovely bathroom with a very deep bath and 2 separate sinks and towelling robes provided. My wife had also booked us an aromatherapy massage in the hotel spa which was an amazing relaxing experience. Breakfast the following morning was great with a full range of cereals, fruit, toast, yoghurts, cheese, ham and usual English breakfast items as well as different fruit juices, tea and coffee. We hope to return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Previously staying at the grand ,I thought I and my wife would return for a one night break. It was a hot July day last weekend and the room given was like a sauna! On request for a room with air conditioning I was informed that the hotel had no air con rooms at all ! The window in the room only opened about 2 inches, the bed was hard and the pillows too soft . The door had a electronic key recognition system which I had to go down to reception 3 times because I couldn't access the room. And to top it all the hair dryer didn't work! Not a problem to me my made my wife moan. After mentioning all of this at checkout manager not really interested even left my email address but no contact from hotel staff. In all an overpriced establishment and as a regular to Brighton we have stayed at a lot better hotels on the seafront for less money and better stays

Room Tip: Try the Hilton metropole!
2  Thank Wayne J
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel feels as if it carries a grandeur that has been engrained for years. We went there for an afternoon tea with family and it was a great location. There was a pianist, discreet service and a lovely view over the ocean. On a critical note it feels a little jaded in places from a bedroom/ breakfast pov, or perhaps it's because it's a chain rather than independently owned, but for an afternoon of bubbly with a soft couch and some classy live music it ticked the box.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited Brighton yesterday and as usual our first stop is the bar in the Grand Hotel. As always the service was excellent and very friendly. We have stayed in the hotel on many occasions and would thoroughly recommend it although it is not the cheapest place it is well worth the cost.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I have just come back from a two night stay at the grand. There's lots to love about this hotel, the cocktails (made by the amazing paddy!) were the best we have ever had. The restaurant is superb .The breakfast is really good & the staff are some of the nicest we have ever met. Unfortunately the room was not, for £200 per night it was so small & closure phobic. It was hot & all we had was a fan on the desk. We tried opening the window but it didn't really do anything. So didn't really sleep very well, I'm going back to Brighton for a few nights with some girlfriends at the end of the month. And although I will defiantly take them there for the cocktails & warm welcome. I can't say I would recommend to them us staying there tho.