We came to Brighton for some rest and relaxation and booked the De Vere Grand, as we are regular visitors to other De Vere venues. As it was a bit of special occasion we upgraded to a sea view - well, you don't book a hotel on the sea front and not go for the sea view do you? We were given the most amazing room - 5 huge floor to ceiling windows, settee and armchairs, huge bed and huge bathroom with his and her basins,shower and bath, plus free wifi! It was beautifully decorated too.
The hotel is lovely inside and staff are really helpful. We parked the car in the NCP multi storey behind the hotel which was really handy, although the hotel does have a small area at the front where you can load and unload the luggage.
The GB1 seafood restaurant is lovely - great menu and high quality seafood, with wine that starts at £24 a bottle. Again staff here are very attentive and explain the menu if you ask.
Breakfast is the only downside - as it is in most buffet style breakfasts. As the hotel is very popular, there was a short wait - although on the Sunday juice and pastries were laid out in the lounge area if you felt peckish. Hot food was always topped up quickly and again staff were helpful and apologetic about the madness that was breakfast.
I loved staying here and would do it again - centrally located for all the important locations, with great views from the sea view windows, what more could you ask?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel