“Weekend Shopping trip/anniversary”
Review of The Grand Brighton

The Grand Brighton
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I stayed at The Grand in Brighton for a weekend in December. Is was Perfectly located and was in walking distance from everything - including the casino. We staying in one of there deluxe sea view rooms with a Balcony. The room was perfect! and the bath tub in the middle of the room made for an interesting time! Every need was looked after by the hotel and we were treated very well. The breakfast had a large selection of options which is always good! If you are planning a little weekend away I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Grand Brighton

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed here after a day in Brighton.
It was wonderful. They help you with your bags and offer Valet Parking (This doesn't mean clean you car, the 'valet' parks it on your behalf).
Check in smooth.
Big rooms. Comfortable Beds. Great sleep quality.
Pay extra for the sea view its wonderful.
Great Buffet Breakfast.
Radiators get hot so turn them down before they come on early morning otherwise you will feel very dry.

Improvements:
Provide slippers.
make the robes fluffy not scratchy and cheap.
Magnifying mirror in bathroom.
Help you with your bags on the way out.
Not be rude in the evening when in the bar relaxing with your family.
Extend the cocktail list to include some classic cocktails.

The place was nice but you need to consider even though it has been refurbished its old and near the sea and there are still cracks/damp patches so be prepared. Just don't look for it and you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Room Tip: Go to the giggling squid, best Thai Restaurant! Get a sea view.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A short 2 nights for a birthday treat, Awfull weather but greeted with a smile and instant help from the car.Have to say but only nill point the windows at lower levles need a refit and paint.Once thru the doors you could instantly see why its called the GRAND.Quick and easy reception bags were whisked away and off to the room.A sideways view of the west pier remains,nice size clean easy to controll heating,good WIFI.tea coffee good quality.bed huge and comfy.Bar was not over priced and again grand.Straight now to the breakfast ,Our usual abode is Hilton but the Grand food was outstanding and the breads to die for.Overall a very good stay..

Room Tip: Had a Classic and was good enough.
1  Thank adrianrelward
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Thank you ever so much for ensuring myself and my mother had a wonderful spa day, I normally I wouldn't write a review but I felt compelled to do so because I had such a wonderful relaxing day, the reception team greeted us on arrival with a smile and acknowledge it was my mothers birthday and wished her a happy birthday,
Stephanie showed us to the changing rooms and showed us how to open the lockers and introduced her self and shook our hands, I thought this was exceptional that she cared enough to tell us her name as she never had a name badge on and said anything else we need to speak to her, she had a lovely smile and a warm welcome and cared for us all day, the staff were excellent and we both had aromatherapy massage and the therapists greeted us and also introduced themselves (Again the same standards as Stephanie) the therapists we had were wonderful Briga and Lisa we had separate rooms ( shame because the couples room was taken ) but I came out and so did my mother at the same time both relaxed and briga and Lisa brought us in water after our treatments, I have to say my mother and I have never been treated with such kindness, you have wonderful staff from arriving to departing all staff and spa is an asset to your hotel, I would highly recommend the spa for a relaxing day, we didn't even care that there was no pool anymore due to the fact the relaxation lounge is out of this world!!
My mother and I will be returning hopefully soon !!
Thank you for making my mothers birthday so special !

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Moomoooo
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Was taken here as a Birthday treat, had no idea until I drove past and was told you need to take me to the Grand Hotel now! Happy Birthday!.
Concierge took care of car parking which was a relief as the weather outside was awful.
Easy check smart professional staff.
Room was well proportioned with all the comforts you would expect from such an iconic hotel, and very clean throughout. Eat out so could not comment on restaurant.
Came back around 11pm and again welcomed in, got a good nights sleep albeit a little noisy due to extreme wind outside.
Breakfast was top notch, plenty of choice and well presented, waiting staff were attentive and not intrusive. Glad to be able to say I have stayed at the Grand.
Will look to an occasion to return in the future.
Thanks for a great stay.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed one night and used a room for a business meeting. The lunch and dinner were excellent as was the location. I looked at the parking charges nearby and opted to take the train, but that is a problem for most hotels in central Brighton. The staff were attentive and helpful although one or two more around breakfast time would have helped. I had finished eating before my tea arrived. Check where your room is situated. The sea facing ones will be marvellous but mine was on the western side facing a lot of what looked like air con ducting. All told this is somewhere I would visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My sister booked this as a treat for our mother's 85th birthday. On arrival the doorman immediately took us to the disabled access (mum in a wheelchair) and made us feel very welcome. We had arrived slightly earlier than our booking as we wanted a cocktail before our tea. We were booked in the sunny part of the Victoria Lounge - on the terrace (overlooking the sea). It had huge ceilings with shutters on the windows. The room was very bright and had fans on the ceilings. Mum has lived overseas for a lot of her life and it reminded her of the old days in Raffles - very colonial style! Nice and quiet and yet you could hear the pianist playing in the background. Lovely touch and fitted in with the grand decor of the day.

Our waitress was extremely attentive - not too much and not too little. There are 2 sittings for afternoon tea at weekends: 2pm and 4.30pm. I believe both were full. Cocktails were £8.00 upwards which wasn't too bad for a 4 star hotel. They were yummy! Then we got onto the main event of tea. I never knew there were so many types to choose from! Elegantly served on proper china and the tea in delicate silver pots. Pure style. It really was very restful and relaxing. You cant possibly eat all the cakes and 2 scones is masses - you just get so full! I thought it was well worth the price of £22.95 for the works. You could though just have scones and tea etc for a cheaper option.

Mum thoroughly enjoyed her birthday treat and so did we. She wants to do it again next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family