The Grand Brighton
  • Restaurant
Topps(Brighton)
  • Free Internet
8,438 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My daughter is a student at Sussex University so we visit her in Brighton fairly regularly and always stay at The Grand. The hotel itself is beautiful and elegant, from the public areas to the bedrooms. It is 'Grand' without being ostentatious and we always feel totally comfortable there.

The cocktails are to die for and the revamped restaurant is superb. As is the Spa.

But mostly it is the staff who make your experience at The Grand so special - nothing is too much to ask for. There's always a smile and a greeting from the concierge guys as you enter the Hotel and particular mentions go out for Sam Hall on check in/out, Restaurant Manager Michael and the Grand's best asset in our opinion Alice Mullen, who works tirelessly in Guest Relations to make everyone's stay a special experience. We call her 'Everywhere Alice' because you see her dealing with things quite literally everywhere!

The Grand feels like home from the minute we walk in and I am always sad to leave :(

Looking forward to our next stay already!

Room Tip: The Sea View rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank amandaeg66
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed here for a works Christmas do , yes in Jan but hey! I have to say I was very excited as this Hotel is infamous for the wrong reasons ( IRA bombings!) It was lovely, historic, very friendly staff and I cannot think of anything negative about it, well maybe the Christmas meal was a bit poncey (small) some of our group went and got chips later!as to quantity of original meal , but all in all it was a lovely evening, and the staff seemed genuinely happy which is always refreshing and not stressed or miserable. What really impressed me was that I am wheat intolerant and this had been booked in advance and once they had identified me in the group which they did in the most subtle manner ( by me mentioning to the waitress who brought round the bread rolls!) they brought wheat free food to my table which I didn't have to mention again and discussed every course without singling me out as a freak . Thank you! So I definatly hope I will visit again.

Room Tip: Our room did not look out to sea so was quite " basic" but was pleasant enough, I would love to stay there again.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Grand about 15 times in the last 10 years and have seen it change hands and now finally be rooms have been refitted, but I feel it's been refitted on what feels like a very tight budget with most items being MDF construction. Don't get me wrong the view was stunning and the room was very clean and tidy but I don't think the service, facilities, and exterior provide great value for money for the rate I was paying in excess of £200, in the low season. If I was a visiting tourist looking for something Grand I would have been very disappointed thankfully I was only visiting for business.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ACETT
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent Christmas 2013 in tis hotel and I have to say we had a superb time.
The food was outstanding.
The wine flowed freely and I mean “freely” at lunches and dinners. This was unexpectedly included in the Christmas package. Also unexpected was the free car parking at the hotel and we were refunded the cost to park in the National car park at the rear of the hotel.
The bed was probably the most comfortable we have slept in away from home.
The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
We only had one matter to cause some dissatisfaction but this was dealt with in a manner which more than compensated us and this must be credited to the efficient management demonstrated by Andi Hirons the Deputy General Manager.
As it says on Andi Hirons’ business card
REFRESHINGLY UNIQUE
My thanks to all the staff who made this break singularly on e the best if not the best Christmas ever in a hotel
Bearod

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brigid G
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We loved our night's stay at The Grand. We arrived to a pianist playing in the lobby, which has the hugest chandelier I've ever seen! Our 6th floor room was spotless throughout and had a fantastic sea view from the balcony. Definitely well worth requesting a sea view near the top of the hotel. The bed was absolutely huge and very comfy! There was no fridge or mini bar, which we thought was unusual. After a meal out, the hotel bar was a relaxing venue for a nightcap. We had a lovely view of the promenade at breakfast the next day. What was on offer was fine but I've had better quality and more choice in many other 4 and 5 star establishments. This was really the only part of our stay that didn't wow us and we felt very well looked after throughout, by the brilliant hotel staff. We certainly wouldn't stay anywhere else in a Brighton!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple