Just retuned from a two day stay at The Grand, with friends, and loved every minute. Our arrival was met with a lovely welcome from the doorman and the reception staff. Our room on the sixth floor was luxury itself, with the biggest bed I've ever seen, with crisp white sheets and huge pillows. The bathroom offered big fluffy towels and bathrobes (although these could have been slightly bigger). We also had a television, that did work! To give some balance to other reviews, we were very well looked after and nothing appeared too much for the very friendly staff. We ate in the hotel's restaurant and enjoyed an excellent meal, with the oysters and ribeye steak being particularly good. Te only down side, if there has to be one was the fact that our room had no air conditioning, which in the recent hot weather, would have been appreciated. Our friends were equally impressed with their stay and we all agree that we will visit again. We would all recommend The Grand, it is of course not cheap to stay here but the service and hotel make it well worth every penny. Well done The Grand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel