We stayed at the Grand, Brighton this weekend just gone. It's been refurbished since our last visit and we cannot fault the decor now. Last time we stayed it was looking a bit run down/ tired - not any more !! Had a twin sea-view room (624) which was all decked out with pale grey walls and beige-ish carpets. En suite is all white tiles, chrome and black marble. Nice smellies supplied too. Looks really nice. Beds were really comfortable with what I assume are memory foam toppers on them. Good selection of pillows too. I would however, point out that the room doesn't appear to be air conditioned and only 1 of the windows actually opens (only about 6 inches). The others have been sealed shut for health and safety reasons, I guess. This room would therefore have the potential to get really hot in the summer. Also, with this room being right on the seafront AND main road, it gets quite noisy with the window open.
Cannot fault the service in either the bar or reception and the concierge was sooooo helpful. All in all, a great place to stay and I would thoroughly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel