The Grand Brighton
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$100
$94
Hotels.com
$154
$147
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$115
$106
  • Pool
Blanch House(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$155
$123
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
$87
$84
$78
  • Breakfast included
8,435 results
All reviewssea viewlovely hotelbirthday treatenjoyable stayone night staycar parkingsea frontmy partnerbreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomconciergedoormangb1scaffoldinggrandeurstaircase
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel on the seashore of the English Channel. The suite was large, very well equipped and filled with "old world charm". Wonderful buffet breakfast. Very nice bar/cocktail lounge? Outstanding customer care/service. Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (number 7), and it was quite nice. It did not have a balcony. The lower floors (6 and below) have balconies.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AMGMDGB, General Manager at The Grand Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you so much for passing on your feedback following your recent stay with us here at The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to us so much, and I will be delighted to pass your comments onto my team, who work so hard to make all of our guests as comfortable and welcome as possible.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this Hotel for a Golden Wedding Celebration. It is absolutely beautiful and most of it has undergone a recent refurbishment. We had rooms on the 5th Floor and they were glorious, large enough to accommodate the 11 in our party for pre-dinner gatherings and with lovely sea views. There were a few "glitches" but they were relatively minor and the Staff bent over backwards to put things right and nothing detracted from our enjoyment of what is truly a "Grand" Hotel. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms higher up for lovely sea views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had seaview rooms which were shabby and so hot. My sister asked if we could have refurbished rooms. We changed they had no view but were not as good as expected. Service excellent nice smily staff make up for poor decor in places. Food excellent great evening meal and would highly recommend

• Stayed: April 2013

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to us, however I am am sorry to see that you had some issues with your stay, although I'm glad my staff were able to deal with them in such a professional manner.

Our refurbishment project is very nearly completed, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future so I can show you the changes we have made.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have stayed at many of the worlds best hotels and expected just a little more from the Grand. On arrival at 3 I was told I would have to wait 15 minutes for my room, when I asked if there was another room available I was allocated a room on the first floor. It was so cramped and depressing i quickly returned to Reception via the stairs as one lift was out of order/being used by Workmen. I waited for 5 minutes and my original room 505 was ready and it was a vast improvement.
For my entire stay I used the stairs as all the cast and sometimes staff were forced to use one lift. And £26 for parking - thats just rude!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room, preferably ask to see you allocated room first as some have great views of brick walls!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to us, however I am sorry that the refurbishment project impeded your enjoyment somewhat. The project is nearing completion, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so we can show you how truly "Grand" we can be.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent the night before and after our wedding here in February with a number of family and friends. From the moment you arrive you are treated as special. It doesn't matter whether you've booked a bargain break or the rack rate they treat everyone the same. Hadn't booked any extras other than a sea view room for our stay and they were non committal prior to arrival about whether they could provide a balcony room. However on arrival the desk knew we were getting married, and our room was amazing. Still one of the more traditional unmodernised rooms (unlike our friends etc. who had the newly modernised rooms but at the back of the building) but it was more like a suite, certainly a de-luxe, complete with lounge area and large bathroom with double sinks and separate shower and bath, and a large balcony overlooking the sea-front. The bed was enormous and very comfortable (as De Vere beds are). We were very happy with it. On our wedding day taxis were sorted out, and on our return to our room later that evening we found complimentary champagne (Moet), fresh strawberries, and a selection of handmade chocolates. They were truly amazing and made our day very special. Breakfast as usual was incredible, the best inclusive breakfast I've ever come across. Buffet and a-la-carte options and no rushing you as there is plenty of space. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough and we will be back again very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you so very much for choosing to spend that precious time with us here at The Grand.

I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and I will be delighted to pass your comments onto my team, who work so hard to make all of our guests as comfortable and welcome as possible.