We stayed here after a charity ball and had a lovely time. The hotel is a Victorian/Edwardian edifice sitting on the sea front, with a great view across the Channel and well located for exploring Brighton and the Lanes.
Inside it's lofty, with a lot of fine mouldings on the columns and ceilings. Rooms are generously sized - we were on the 5th floor and towards the centre of the building with a fantastic view out to sea. The bed was extremely comfortable. In fact, if there was a gripe, it was that the bathroom could have been a little wider, although it more than served its purpose.
The food eaten both at the ball, held in one of the reception rooms and at breakfast the following day was extremely good and most importantly, the staff made you feel both very welcome and at home.
Parking in Brighton can be an issue and nowhere is particularly cheap. The hotel has 40 spaces beneath it which can be used for a moderate price on a first come first served basis. Otherwise there is plenty of (slightly) more expensive parking round the corner.
Overall, having stayed here before and knowing that it can offer good prices, we would use the hotel for a long weekend trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel