“What a waste of money”

and up
Cycling Tour of Brighton City
Ranked #12 of 166 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Two years running 2014 and 2015 winner of 'The Best Place to Visit in Brighton & Hove' - Brighton and Hove Business Awards 2014 & 2015 Visit the world's oldest operating aquarium, right here in Brighton! Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 3,500 memorising creatures including turtles and sharks. For an additional cost you can admire our resident giant Sea Turtles Gulliver and Lulu, sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish as they swim under your feet on the UK's first indoor glass-bottom boat. Take a look at our Behind The Scenes on an interactive experience which will immerse you into our working world. See first-hand how we care for over 3,500 sea creatures. With over 40 other world class displays we can ensure you will have an amazing discovery throughout your underwater dive. Don't forget to keep an eye out on our website for events throughout the year. We are open daily from 10am, with last admission from 4pm depending on time of year.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a waste of money”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Very exspensive for what it is. Not very disabled friendly staff not very helpful. Would not go there again or would not recommend anybody to go there.

1 Thank Sarahmanktelow
Bart H, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hi Sarah,

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to SEA LIFE Brighton, and especially that you thought that our staff were not disabled friendly. I'd love to take this up personally with you and will private message you to take down your contact details.

I hope we can sort this out and we can give you the magical experience that we pride ourselves giving to all our guests.

Kind Regards,

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“fishy fun”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

we haven't been to the sealife centre for about 2 years,at that time it was easy to walk around it in half an hour and for the price wasn't really worth it but decided to give it another chance seeing as i had a free adult ticket.
well worth it much has improved and the refurb tastefully done still keeping its Victorian charm.
lots more to see and do,good little quiz book for the children to do on the way round which makes sure you get to see everything on display plus if they collect all the stamps on the way round they can get a prize from the gift shop (which was a badge at the time we went).
the amazon display was great,the floor covered like the amazon and a childrens entrance through a tree was good fun.lots of amazon animals to see,little bubbles in the turtle and anaconda tanks that the children can climb in and pop there heads up.
my son was amazed by the underwater tunnel with the sharks and ray and huge turtles gliding about him,we also went up to the top of the same tank to wish the 2 turtles a happy 75th birthday (i still remember watching the dolphins here infact the seating is still the same!).
didn't go on the glass bottomed boat didn't really think it was worth the extra money but thats just my opinion and the boat did seem to be popular.
we really enjoyed our time there infact we managed to stay 2 hours compared to the half hour before.will return soon (so my son has informed me!)

Hi,

Tyler the Turtle here! Thanks so much for visiting us at SEA LIFE Brighton and thank you kindly for your review. I couldn't agree more that the refurbishment has made the place look great, it truly is a wonderful place to call home. I'm glad your son enjoyed the quiz book and the glass tunnels, there is nothing I like better than watching the smiles on kids faces when they look up at us swimming over the top!

Thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice, but a bit lacking in customer service”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you fancy going inside instead of on the beach or the pier in Brighton, then you might want to visit the Aquarium. There is a good deal of things to see and information to read, plus there is a "touchy-feely" pool, where kids and adults alike can feel a starfish. It can get a bit crowded with families at the weekends, but on the plus side, there is plenty for all ages to see.

I was, however, a bit put out when I was pretty much forced to sit for a photo at the beginning (which, actually, caused a long queue trailing outside) which I wasn't interested in, but I was told "is part of the Sea Life Experience" (of course, if you wanted these silly photos, you have to pay a silly price for them at the end). This put a bit of a downer on one of my visits, hence the average rating.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank starshinejuice
HI,

Thanks so much for your visit and your review! I agree we are in a really nice area and I will tell the guys in the Rockpool that you particularly liked them during the visit. I'm sorry the photo was a little off-putting for your family and next time the photo team is walking past my tank I will be sure to pass on your thoughts!

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Turtle-tastic!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Having seen a newspaper article last week about the centre's turtles celebrating their 75th birthdays, we were reminded how much we enjoyed a previous trip... So, we headed back to Brighton today; We thought the refurbishments had really enhanced the place, (though retaining the enchanting Victorian building); the variety of fish and other sea life on display were excellent, with many fascinating facts; the underwater tunnel was fantastic- mesmerising to watch the turtles, sharks, rays etc effortlessly gliding past; the giant crabs were great! We'll be back again.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your review and for coming to our birthday party. We had an absolute blast and Lulu and Gulliver were smiling all day. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and I will pass on your compliments to the sharks, rays and giant crabs!

We hope to see you again soon.

Your underwater friend,

Ashford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good fun for the kids”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

First time that I have been to Brighton and visiting the Sealife Centre. First impression was Ok. The selection of marine life was quite impressive and quite easy to see with young children.
There were shows during the day which were in the auditorium which we found to be a bit of a waste of time as we couldn't really understand what was being said as there was a lot of noise overhead and the PA system wasn't that great.
Overall we enjoyed it but I am glad we had 2 for 1 vouchers as I feel paying £14.50 per person (which I think is a bit expensive for a childs ticket) to be an overpriced experience for what seemed to last an hour and a half.

2 Thank Samantha C
Hi Samantha,

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and you thought my friends and I were quite impressive. It's always nice to get compliments. I will pass on your comments to the staff about the talks being louder, it does get a little bit loud in my auditorium.

Great idea on the vouchers as well, I always hear the staff talking about their great value as they walk past my tank. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!