“Extremly good family day out”
Review of Sea Life Brighton

and up
Cycling Tour of Brighton City
Ranked #13 of 167 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Two years running 2014 and 2015 winner of 'The Best Place to Visit in Brighton & Hove' - Brighton and Hove Business Awards 2014 & 2015 Visit the world's oldest operating aquarium, right here in Brighton! Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 3,500 memorising creatures including turtles and sharks. For an additional cost you can admire our resident giant Sea Turtles Gulliver and Lulu, sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish as they swim under your feet on the UK's first indoor glass-bottom boat. Take a look at our Behind The Scenes on an interactive experience which will immerse you into our working world. See first-hand how we care for over 3,500 sea creatures. With over 40 other world class displays we can ensure you will have an amazing discovery throughout your underwater dive. Don't forget to keep an eye out on our website for events throughout the year. We are open daily from 10am, with last admission from 4pm depending on time of year.
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Extremly good family day out”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Having driven past the Sea Life centre for greater than 6 months, decided to take the wife and kids. Ofc purse like many others have been to other aquariums round the UK, but this is worth the extra miles.

The staff were welcoming, but not overbearing. The layout was full of the rare and common but with nice touches and most importantly the kids loved it. Would recommend but with a discount voucher. Otherwise a little pricey for entry.

Also has a free cash machine in it which is one of the closest to the beach….

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MonkeyMagicLondon
Bart H, Mascot at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hi,

Thanks so much for your review and for visiting us here at SEA LIFE Brighton. I'm glad you finally decided to stop and say hello and I will pass onto the staff your nice comments. I agree that I have a lot of rare friends in here, it makes it a very unique place to live.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to the sea life centre since the refit but I eventually got to see it for the first time in years on Sunday and the place has came on leap and bounds. My 1 year old son loved the place, so fascinated with all the different fish etc and was so chuffed with himself that he touched a starfish but didn't touch the crab as he wasn't sure on it but I don't blame him, he's one! I found the digital displays with information more effective and better than wooden or plastic signs that get worn over a period of time. All in all a fantastic visit.

Bart H, Mascot at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi,

Thanks so much for your review and for your visit. I'm so glad both yourself and your child loved the visit, there is nothing more rewarding then seeing kids with a big smile as they go around the attraction. Goon him for touching my starfish, I will tell them how much he loved it, and I don't blame him about the crab either!

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“sealife”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great day out for the kids. Lots of fish on display. Glass bottom boat was great. Lots of fish information scattered around, very informative for the whole family. Only downside was the parking charges to park on the sea front.

Visited July 2014
Hi David,

Thanks so much for your review and for your visit. I think it's great that your kids enjoyed the day. Good call on the Glass Bottom Boat, I love seeing the faces of the humans as they look down upon all of us, it is as fascinating for me as it is for them!

Thanks again for your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great family attraction”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

My 1st visit to the sealife centre. What a fantastic venue. A beautiful victorian aquarium with great exhibits..the fish..crabs..snakes and octopus are amazing...had a great 2 hours with my 13 year old daughter. Lots of activities for all ages..a bit pricey for full admission prices. Top tip.. go to costa coffee in the lanes first and pick up a 30% discount voucher for upto a family of 4 on the general admission price...bargin!!! A must visit attraction if you come to Brighton

1 Thank Richard S
Hi Richard,

Tyler here! Thanks so much for the review and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. It's great that you enjoyed all my fishy friends and I will let them know that they were appreciated. I've also heard that the discounts around town are a great way to save money on admissions so that is very good advice.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Your friend underwater,

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Make sure u booking online ”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

It's a bit pricey unless u booking online . To be honest if we had to pay full price at the door I'd be a bit disappointed. Would recommend.

Hi Lucas,

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit and excellent advice about booking online. I always hear the staff talking about the great savings you can get from pre-booking your visit.

We hope to see you again!