“Loved every minute!!”

and up
SEA LIFE Brighton Admission Ticket
Ranked #14 of 175 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Two years running 2014 and 2015 winner of 'The Best Place to Visit in Brighton & Hove' - Brighton and Hove Business Awards 2014 & 2015 Visit the world's oldest operating aquarium, right here in Brighton! Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 3,500 memorising creatures including turtles and sharks. For an additional cost you can admire our resident giant Sea Turtles Gulliver and Lulu, sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish as they swim under your feet on the UK's first indoor glass-bottom boat. Take a look at our Behind The Scenes on an interactive experience which will immerse you into our working world. See first-hand how we care for over 3,500 sea creatures. With over 40 other world class displays we can ensure you will have an amazing discovery throughout your underwater dive. Don't forget to keep an eye out on our website for events throughout the year. We are open daily from 10am, with last admission from 4pm depending on time of year.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Me & my boyfriend came here while visiting Brighton on Friday! Seemed quite expensive £34 for 2 adults, and that included the glass bottom boat ride, but that was soon forgotten about! On arrival, they make you have a couple of photos taken against a green wall which they later add a background too...they make you look at a camera and scream "SHARK!" It's a bit cheesy for my liking but suppose is good for kids. You then walk into the main part of the aquarium and there is so much to see. I love rays and seeing a little one being fed was awesome. They have a little rockpool where you can touch starfish, anemones & little crabs. But my highlight was the ocean tunnel...2 HUGE turtles, both about 74 years old & absolutely amazing, the biggest ray I have ever seen (6 foot) and lots of sharks, for a small price we bought tickets for the glass bottom boat for this part so you can actually get a better look while one of the staff tells you about the various fish in the tank! All in all a excellent day! Can't wait to come back!

1  Thank Nadine B
Max L, General Manager at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi Nadine,

Glad you enjoyed it so much, but you missed the 3rd turtle. Hopefully she will be swimming next time. The Glass bottom boat is always a favourite so I am pleased you felt it was great value for money.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,797)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We recently visited sealife for the first time, i was told that they don't have children tickets anymore, so it one price for all. It was twenty five pounds which seemed quite expensive as we only spent an hour and half in there. The first room is all tanks of various fish, but the best bit is the tunnel where you can see sharks, turtle and sting rays. I did enjoy Sealife but I wouldn't pay that price for entrance for two people.

I am pleased you loved it. One price fits all is a much simpler strategy for everyone to work out, but we recommend booking on line for 3 reasons, it guarantees entrance when we are busy, it by passes the queue, but above all IT IS MUCH CHEAPER.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I haven't visited the Sea Life Centre for many years and know they have spent a lot of money refurbishing it. The entrance areas are better but for £54 (2 adults & 1 child) I expected a better quality experience than what we received.

The signage could be improved or a handout of a map when you arrive as its a little bit of a free for all with regards to way in which you are supposed to navigate around. As we had a child with us, we were given a booklet which could be stamped throughout the centre however they didn't give us a pencil or crayons which for the price seemed a little mean.

The cafe had a very poor selection of food and no where near enough chairs/seating. We actually left and had lunch else where. A missed opportunity for them.

The main gripe is the seating area around where they feed the sharks. I am unsure whether this has been refurbished and if it has it is a terrible design which needs seriously reviewing to improve visitor experience.

The staff member talking was great but the layout means its almost impossible to engage fully with the audience and due to the barriers and seating you can't actually see anything. Could there be video screens filming the pool so people can see? Anyway there must be a better way as this was dreadful.

We did take the glass bottom boat trip which was the best bit of the day as the staff member was knowledgeable and we actually got to see some fish!

If the entry price was lower I wouldn't have had a high expectation but at the standard rate we paid I would expect a much better experience.

I wouldn't not return, but would not pay full price.

Max L, General Manager at Sea Life Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hello Becks, I agree with most of your points so thanks for your review. We have already numbered all of the displays and produced a pamphlet with information about each creature, so thanks for your suggestion. The coffee shop is small, and if we had more space we would love to expand it, but at the moment we are governed by space. The auditorium is due to have a new sound system installed this winter so the talks will be more audible, so hopefully that will make huge improvements.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

It was a rainy day in Brighton and we had two young children to amuse so we headed for the Sea Life centre just by the pier. I had looked online to see the prices and found that they were offering a parent and toddler price of £10. So we set off with our 20 month old and 3 year old and battled through the Saturday traffic to Churchill Square car park. Parking in Brighton is neither cheap or easy!

We then walked a fair distance in wind and rain to the Sea Life Centre. It didn't seem to be that busy - there were no queues outside. Much to my surprise, the girl on the desk said it would be £42 for my husband, myself and our 3 year old (children under three get in free but children over three pay the full price).

When I queried this, I was told that the prices I'd seen were only for booking online. Ok, stupid me for not reading that. The girl actually told me that I could stand there and use my phone to book tickets online of I wanted to get in cheaper. So I found myself in this ludicrous situation where I was standing in the Sea Life Centre using my iPhone to pay to get in.

It took absolutely ages to access their website but when I did, I found in the small print that the parent and toddler price was for midweek anyway and this was a Saturday. I also don't think you can book tickets for the same day - I think you have to book in advance to get cheap deals online. I was having trouble trying to get the info off my phone whilst standing in a public place with two
children. The girl on the desk was hopeless and told me to look out for deals on cereal boxes!!!!!!

She also told me to look out for offers in the paper etc. in other words, go away, jump through some hoops, bring us a piece of paper with the right words on and you can get in cheaper. What a stupid way to run a business. Why make your customers search for coupons? Why not just set sensible prices to begin with? So off we went, back out into the rain to find something else to do with the children because there was no way on earth we were going to pay £42 to look at fish no matter how spectacularly presented! And, we will never go back because their way of doing business is so ridiculous. Customer relations is laughable; the girl on the desk kept saying the website was nothing to do with the actual centre. Is the Sea Life Centre doing so well they can afford to watch money walking away just because we were not clutching a piece of cereal box?

What a CRAZY world we are living in.

The Name of the ticket you refer to is the TODDLER MIDWEEK OFFER, so the clue is in the name. The pricing structure is very simple at Sea Life and we make it as clear as possible on our website. We have one price fits all payable at the door, but this is the most expensive ticket. We encourage our customers to book in advance or collect discount vouchers to receive significant discounts sometimes as much as 50% discount. We also have special tickets to encourage mid week volume during our quietest periods such as the £10 for 2 ticket. The staff member was only trying to help you find the best deal.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not a bad little aquarium.
Something to take the kids to see if the weathers a bit groggy.

There was defiantly more inside than I expected. They had a little boat inside that actually pulls you along over the top of the rays with a glass bottom at the end of the aquarium.

Food is available inside altho I didn't see at what costs, also have a gift shop

you are not alone in thinking we are bigger than you were expecting, being underground it is difficult to get a sense of scale until you have come in. We look forward to seeing you again soon.