“Smaller that I had hoped.”
Review of Sea Life Brighton

and up
SEA LIFE Brighton Admission Ticket
Ranked #13 of 173 things to do in Brighton
More attraction details
Owner description: Two years running 2014 and 2015 winner of 'The Best Place to Visit in Brighton & Hove' - Brighton and Hove Business Awards 2014 & 2015 Visit the world's oldest operating aquarium, right here in Brighton! Based opposite the iconic pier, SEA LIFE Brighton was built in 1872 and features 3,500 memorising creatures including turtles and sharks. For an additional cost you can admire our resident giant Sea Turtles Gulliver and Lulu, sharks, turtles, rays and tropical fish as they swim under your feet on the UK's first indoor glass-bottom boat. Take a look at our Behind The Scenes on an interactive experience which will immerse you into our working world. See first-hand how we care for over 3,500 sea creatures. With over 40 other world class displays we can ensure you will have an amazing discovery throughout your underwater dive. Don't forget to keep an eye out on our website for events throughout the year. We are open daily from 10am, with last admission from 4pm depending on time of year.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Thought it was a little expensive for the amount that was there, although I did enjoy it it wasn't quite big enough. I recommend booking online for significant savings and collecting tickets on the door. Don't bother with the glass bottom boat, you can't see anymore than the normal tour and I could hear the guides talk from the edge of the area so didn't even miss any information. Don't know if the behind the scenes tickets are more worthwhile though and I missed the feeding times/talks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,766)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I loved the underwater creatures small and big. I kept on staring at little sea horses and for the first time, fell in love with the jelly fishes. Their dances in glass cases were superb. There is much more to see: sharks, sword fish, cod, plaice etc. Learnt about sustainable fishing. A must visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Not a huge Sea life Centre, but enough before the children become fed up. Surprised that some of the tanks are big enough but what do I know. My daughter enjoyed it and that is the main thing, the staff were helpful and informative.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Although it was a lovely little aquarium, I have to emphasise the word little. We were expecting a lot more to do for the price we paid when in reality you it would take you 5 minutes to walk from one end to the other. We expected to see a shark feeding frenzy which was just a man chucking a few bits of food into a small tank with only a couple of small sharks and mostly common fish.
I wouldn’t recommend this attraction.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

With very low expectations I thought this place was amazing, it's a hidden gem of Brighton. The enormous tank at the centre is a must see if you're there. Loved it.