“OK but with a whole parade of restaurants here, you can do better!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brasserie Fish and Grill

Brasserie Fish and Grill
Ranked #417 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brighton
“OK but with a whole parade of restaurants here, you can do better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Called in to use a Groupon 'Fish 'n' Chip' meal voucher after a frenetic morning Christmas shopping. Somewhat soggy batter, undercooked chips and cold mushy peas - none of it seasoned - made it a less than salutary experience but the wine was nice!
They haven't quite got the 'offer' sorted either - posh napery, fish knives etc. don't quite equal 'brasserie' and the prices charged, thus confusing the clientele.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We have got into the habit of going to a restaurant every week or two so that we can sample the restaurants in Brighton. We saw this place previously but walked by because it looks really expensive. This week we thought we'd treat ourselves so we went in expecting it to be quite expensive but deciding to try it anyway.

The restaurant is decorated really nicely. Very clean and very modern. The loos are clean and smell nice. The prices are just so reasonable!! We wondered whether it was a new place trying to establish itself but the menu itself doesn't look brand new and the laminating is a bit worn so I figured it can't be that new.
We both ordered cod fillet and it was wonderful. Cooked to perfection. I had a generous helping of potatoes with mine and my partner had to help me finish it. Everything on the plate was lovely. The service is really good too. Really friendly and gentle staff. We really like this place and we will definitely be going back to this place. Another bonus is that it's in the Marina so parking is not a nightmare as it can be in much of Brighton so win-win.

1 Thank Monita_Le_Roux
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Both my friend and I had been looking forward to a lovely meal out, although we knew it would be more than we planned to spend on our budget weekend away. But being advised that this was the place to go for great food with excellent fish and steak dishes, this was the place for us.
It started well, the waiter was polite and gave us our menus. We noticed that some of the dishes on offer did not reflect the website we revised and salivated over during the afternoon. Nor, did it later transpire, were we offered any of the specials that were also on offer. However the wine choice was good as was the starters.
Then came the main of Ribeye steak, of which I love, however as I was eating it was riddled with grizzle and a disporportionate amount of fat. I quietly & discreatly mentioned this to the waiter,who said he would speak to the chef. To which the reply moments later was a tart "its a ribeye what do you expect"
I was disgusted that the waiter did not even attempt to make an apology, nor did he, or any other staff offer a free drink or coffee to compensate! But what annoyed me the most is they charged a further 12% service charge for making us, their customer feel ridiculed and ruin what was supposed to be a treat of a great meal.
I personally would not recommended this restaurant to anyone and wished I'd taken a photo of the most expensive piece of inedible fat & grizzled steak I've seen to post on here. If I was a chef I'd sent it back to the butcher & not served it on a customers plate.

2 Thank LadyTracie-Anne
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“uncooked fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went Sunday lunchtime not busy at all ordered two fish and chips bread and a glass of wine and beer our food arrived really quickly my fish was uncooked so sent it back .We both thought the batter was oily and tasteless the chips are like oven chips not fresh chips .At the end of our meal i ordered a coffee it was in the tiniest cup i have ever seen .We did not enjoy our meal and when we got our bill they had added service charge and not even taken any money off for the uncooked fish .We will not be eating there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank susanbibi
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Great fish, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Arrived Sunday lunchtime without a reservation (we had tried another restaurant nearby and were invited to wait for 15 minutes despite loads of empty tables) and were greeted in a friendly and professional manner. We did wonder if the good quality decor, well laid tables etc. we're going to be reflected in the prices but it was very reasonable.

The king prawns were superb and the bruschetta was the best I've tasted. Cod fillets were perfectly cooked and the salsa perfectly matched - didn't overwhelm the cod. The service was attentive, helpful and prompt without us feeling rushed at all.

Overall, a very pleasant and relaxing meal all the better for being unplanned.