“Service was fine, food and atmosphere very good.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aberdeen Steak House

Aberdeen Steak House
Ranked #47 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service was fine, food and atmosphere very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went with my family on weekend, my wife and I we had the wonderful tender lamp shank my mother perfect cook filets the steak, the service was good and the atmosphere was great. We will come back .

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“They dont know how to cook a steak and the service is shocking!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went with a group of 10 people, and the service took forever. The service was slow in both ordering the food, receiving the food, and the same applied for drinks where some orders where even completely forgotton, and people ended up going to the bar to get their drinks as they couldnt get table service.

They completely forgot one persons meal and when they finally produced her steak which she requested well done, it came out rare as they where obviously just trying to get it done quickly. Everybody elses steaks where overcooked as well, so I would suggest if you do eat here order rarer than you would actually like it. The cook obviously doesnt know how to cook steak properly either, as the 3 mediums requested on our table where all cooked to different standards, and the one closest to a medium was well done and crispy!!

I wouldnt recommend eating here, youd be much better off cooking your own steak.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Came here one afternoon on a whim as had seen that this place had been on Preston Street for a while. It was around 5pm and so expected it would be quiet but we were the only two people in the restaurant.

We were seated in the window and ordered two starters and two medium rare steaks.

The food was quick to come out and the starters we had were ok but the steaks at around £20 each were awful. We told our waiter they were over cooked and beyond well done; he didn't seem too impressed but nonetheless gave us an extra bottle of wine to apologise.

Not the worst place I've ever eaten by far, just very average but way overpriced.

Doubt we'll be rushing back in a hurry.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jasont84
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went as a group of 4 and literally waited an hour and a half for our food before we said something and ended up not eating. It want even that busy so no excuse for that to be honest. So I wouldn't entertain the place !!!

1 Thank Daniel W
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great service ,fab food and lovely atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends whent for a steak feast on Wednesday to aberdeen steakhouse,when we steps in the waiter gave as a large table where we felt very confy.The deco is worm and freash,quite different from the last time I have been there.We had a large bottle of beer and freash grand steak with lots chips and veg ,salad for me,wich a loved.
The only thing wrong was the toilet ,very cold an looked quite tired ,so I told the waiter and he said that they where going to fixt it very soon and apologized for it and gaved as all a free shoot of sambuca.So if you like a grand freash steak go there .