“Amazing breakfasts”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had the mange tout complet breakfast which consisted of great toasted french bread, with a tomato compot, two poached egss, delicious bacon, spinach and a sausage (touch of garlic). The food came really fast and was delicious, service polite and friendly. I'm already looking forward to going back.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I came down from London to visit my mum and we stopped for a bite to eat close to the station.
Great location and on the right ride of the street to get the sun! The café was heaving with people so we couldn't resist checking it out. Although the menu is pretty expensive we decided to treat ourselves to a steak and a 'tartine', the French word for 'toast' which came with chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce on top. Both meals were bland, the steak was gritty and fatty and certainly not worth £18. The tartine was nice but a little tasteless. Boring is probably the best way to describe our meal. This was, however, made up for slightly by good coffee and the faultless service from our bubbly red-headed waitress. It's always refreshing to be given service with a genuine smile! We might give it a second chance for dinner next time I'm down but French food does sometimes seem to be all 'meat, cream, bread and cheese' so perhaps not on a flat belly day.

Vincent L, Owner at Mange Tout, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I am very sorry that you haven’t been completely satisfied.

The steak you refer too is a rib eye steak, which is a flavourful cut but a bit fatty. Our meat comes from Brighton Sausage Company, who selects their free-range meat from small Sussex farms. We sell 20 kilos of rib-eye steak every week and usually receive good feedback on both taste and price. Our steak comes with hand cut Maris piper chips and local salad. Furthermore, I agree that we are not the cheapest on the street but considering the quality of our products, skills of our chefs and professionalism of our waiting staff, we feel that we offer good value for money.

I wish that you had mentioned your disappointment to the staff, I assure you we would have done our upmost to please you.
Gladly you enjoyed the service and are keen to visit again, a sign that you have understand the efforts we make.

Finally, there is on the menu, seasonal soups and salads, vegetable risotto, mezze platters and light fish dishes. Diversity representative of French cuisine!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Recommended by a friend and was very pleasantly surprised!! Although the restaurant is not family run the food servers Marjorie and Chris made it feel that way. Warm friendly and very attentive. The service was exceptional. The atmosphere was relaxed and very informal which always makes it more enjoyable. The choices of meals were all very tempting and our meals were cooked to perfection (thanks to the chef who cooked my steak just how I wanted it). Good selection of wines and beers and a great tasting organic French lemonade. All very reasonably priced. I will definitely be going back whether it will be lunch or dinner.

Thank you for a great evening!

1  Thank tcxjjlgw
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We've just come back from a girls weekend in Brighton. We decended upon Mange Tout in our hungover states on Sunday morning.

The staff were really friendly and welcoming. None of us really fancied a full English, so we were delighted with the other breakfast choices. Four of us opted for the poached eggs on homemade bread with haloumi and bacon, it was amazing and just what we needed. Coffee and OJ was great too.

A real gem of a find and I'd love to go back there next time I'm in Brighton.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We make a point of going to Mange Tout whenever we visit Brighton and we are always impressed by the service and the food. They go the extra step to deliver delicious food that has a bit of originality to it. Their eggs benedict was delightful in our most recent visit, we will definitely be going again and again!