“Who needs Eurostar??” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mange Tout
Ranked #90 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Who needs Eurostar??”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Why bother spending time and valuable cash crossing the Channel, when you can have excellent French cuisine that is very reasonably priced, and served by friendly, very helpful staff.
Delicious simple fare that uses locally produced produce. Superb!!
It's a vibrant, lively place that embraces the embodiment of France, so beware, children and babes in arms are welcomed.
It's also very close to Brighton Station if the lure of the fine wines becomes too much!
Enjoy!

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Dublin
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Dropped by for a quick lunch - really fantastic & authentic friendly service from all staff, lovely French atmosphere, delicious food. Lovely tasty Eggs Benedict with bacon & spinach. 5/5 would highly recommend and will be going back. Well done.

• Visited January 2014
hove
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Best restaurant in Brighton! Has a great atmosphere with most of the staff being kind and French!
The food is top quality; make sure you try the steak and fries.
The breakfast is great too, with crispy bacon and elegant poached eggs.
I thoroughly recommend a visit, but remember to leave a tip as service is not included.

• Visited December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Definitely worth a visit. Run and owned by a French team, the service deft and informative. Stylishly decorated with some detailed sketches on the walls, all in all created a very calm, and comfortable atmosphere. So down to the food.. I had been craving a steak with Bearnaise and chips.. this they had, I went for the rib eye which was perfectly cooked and shared a cheese board with my partner, the cheese served at the right temperature with delicious roasted walnuts and quince. A really good experience (just glad I wasn't paying the bill) that said, if you want quality you pay for it. I'm going to check out their sister restaurant Plateau..

• Visited November 2013
Dresden, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mange Tout tu me manques”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was only in Brighton for the weekend, traveling from Germany on a surprise visit to my boyfriend whom I had not seen since I left three months ago. Unfortunately the surprise backfired somewhat and I was left at a loose end Saturday night. Rather than drowning my sorrows and at revenge, I decided to do similar at Mange Tout, a restaurant I choose purely because of the cute little Mange Tout that adorns the sign outside.
I stepped inside and was greeted warmly and with affection by the handsome staff who all spoke with delightfully charming French accents. It was a cold night, and as I mentioned I was not feeling in the best of spirits, but I immediately felt myself swelling with pleasure.
I was recommended a fantastic natural wine as an aperitif, which I enjoyed whilst watching the efficient staff expertly work the tables, eagerly awaiting my turn.
When a handsome tall skinny (but unfortunately slightly balding) gentleman came to take my order I placed myself entirely in his hands. He seemed pleased at this and with a lovely half smile promised that I would not be disappointed. He was correct.
My meal began simply and slowly with a six delicious oysters which slipped easily down my throat, just as the waiter insinuated they would. Next I was delivered a massive piece of meat (Cote de Boeuf) which, upon first viewing it, I was worried I would not be able to manage. Embarrassed, I almost sent it back, but being attentive to my fear the waiter assured me that I would love it - and so it proved. Twenty minutes of pleasure later and I was licking the juices from my fingers thoroughly satisfied.
I was the last to leave this delightful restaurant and, having enjoyed a further two glasses of wine and an intense chat with the waiter, I left with my spirits raised, my insides pleasured, a new number and a new reason to visit Brighton again, something that but a few hours earlier I could never have imagined.
Thank you Mange Tout, I think I love you!
Merry Christmas guys, I miss you all loads!

• Visited December 2013