“We keep going back”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had lunch here on Sunday. We are repeat visitors to Mange Tout. Friendly staff when they aren't run off their feet. Always a good lunch. Best eggs Benedict I've had locally. Only had dinner once but it was a good experience. Considering how modestly sized it is and the relaxed atmopshere, it is suprising they manage to produce such good bistro style food. Keep it up.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had a very unfortunate experience at this place of waiting for over half an hour for a simple breakfast order, while the place went from having only me to serve to another dozen or so punters, and being told that they had completely forgotten my order. The head waiter (from what I gather) kept saying he hopes I will be back adn that they would "take care of me" but wouldn't you try to make a concrete gesture in a case like this? Silly place, they all looked a little too hung up on the French "bonjour, s'il vous plait etc. chit chat that I suppose is supposed to add Gallic charm but comes across as offputting. The seats are placed very close together so it doesn't feel very comfortable here to relax and chill for a while.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I read about Mange Tout online and decided to give it a try - went for brunch with a friend, got there a little passed ten in the morning on a Sunday, glad we did, 15 minutes later the place was packed! Service was prompt despite the crowds and my Eggs Royal were delicious - served on proper toasted bread (no store-bought sliced white bread here...) and the hollandaise was home-made, light and fluffy. Only minor flaw, the whole dish was pretty cold, now I don't expect it to be scorching hot but a least warm would have made it perfect :)

Good coffee and my friend's full breakfast looked delicious!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was my first visit there, I'm more than sure that be back again! Good service, one small tiny minus I had no idea about the specials - nobody told me about it and I've heard about by accident when waiter said to the table next to me. It's a shame because there few good "looking" items :) So for next time I'll now. :)
I ordered mussels. AMAZING!! and congratulations to the chef THEEE BEST CHIPS I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!! (and I don't like them so much) :)

1  Thank Sweeet_mango
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having trained it to Brighton from Seaford I arrived at Mange Tout with two hungry children, a buggy and granny. The staff were excellent and immediately brought the high chair and were more than helpful when we wished to change to a larger table. The babe only wanted eggs which were made for him and to child friendly perfection.

The rest of our meals were delicious, and despite the restaurant being full arrived quickly as did our drinks.

With 8 years of 'dining out with children' experience this restaurant is up there with the best at making you feel welcome, settled at your table quickly and allowing you to order what you know your children will eat without being restricted to an awful children's menu and still managing to retain an adult only feel to the place. All left feeling very satisfied by the wonderful food and experience, and so close to the train station it is hard to find any cons!!

2  Thank mum-and-four