“Tea rooms as they should be!”
Review of Metrodeco

Metrodeco
Ranked #4 of 35 Dessert in Brighton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A lively tea room that also serves wine and beers. We serve breakfast and lunch but are known for our Afternoon tea and tea cocktails. If you have a dog then bring them along as we are dog friendly too. For something a little bit different and for a little treat then come and see us- you won't believe the size of our cakes.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stylish, camp, amazing cakes and food, fantastic selection of teas, comfortable sofa and arm chairs. Downstairs Art Deco, antiques and collectables for sale. Out door tables - weather permitting - allowing one to people watch (an amazing cross section of colourful characters...). Friendly if slightly disorganised service but an experience not to be missed.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Real tea of all kinds, wonderful cakes and sandwiches. Thoroughly recommend it. Loved the decor, food and tea. Nothing that I disliked.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

lovely macaroons and the breakfasts they supplied at Fab Guest were brilliant quality items and food. Love it here very vintage.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend visited this amazing little Art Deco tea room yesterday. We booked in for afternoon tea at 4pm on monday 30th of June. After a not so long train ride from London, we walked to the tea room to find our table was ready and waiting for us in the corner. We were greeted quickly and with a smile and were directed to our table where we found a gorgeous table with two beautiful tea cups and cutlery laid out in front of us. My partner was over the moon. The place was stunning and we felt very at home. Service was quick and very friendly. The cake selection was amazing and the tea reflected that. I think the scones were some of the best I've tasted!! In fact, everything tasted amazing, REALLY!! The staff were friendly, fun, kind, polite and funny! ! This was a surprise treat for my girlfriend and she loved every minuet as I did. I would do it again at the drop of a hat. In fact, my girlfriend is planning on returning soon with her mum and brother. I urge everyone to make the effort and take a stroll down to sample this fine tea room!

In true review style, this review would not be complete without a negative...
This is the down side - I wish everything didn't look so yummy!
I wish my stomach was bigger so I could have tried every single cake and tea!! I guess a return trip is indeed the answer.

Enjoy!:)

1  Thank peter w
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped in for tea on our second day and I had a cream tea - two scones with cream and jam, and a pot of tea. At £6.50 for large scones and a pot which held 3 cups of tea, I thought it was a bargain!! Definitely recommend.