“My absolute favourite place for cocktails in Brighton”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Merkaba

Merkaba
Ranked #22 of 121 Nightlife in Brighton
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My absolute favourite place for cocktails in Brighton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My most recent visit to Merkaba for my birthday last month, my boyfriend took me for a few cocktails as he knows I love it there. He doesn't drink and doesn't like going to crowded pubs or anything, but he loves the chilled relaxed vibe at Merkaba and how great the staff are.

They do a cocktail course for £30 - any three cocktails from the menu plus a glass of champers, or a bellini, so I decided to go for that!

The staff there are wonderful, as soon as you take a seat they bring you complimentary snacks, and bring your drink to you once you have ordered. My waitress was lovely and attentive the whole time I was there. I ordered my final cocktail of the evening, and the waitress came running over after about 5 minutes apologising profusely, saying that she had forgotten my order, and that she would bring me a complimentary bellini as an apology - she really didn't need to do that, but I wasn't going to say no!

In all, I really enjoyed myself the last time I was there. The guys that make the cocktails really know their stuff and are always happy to chat and offer recommendations. Can't wait for my next visit.

Visited April 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice but a little confused!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice bar, staff are great but it seems a bit confused about what it wants to be when it grows up!

Is it a club bar or a lounge bar or a hotel bar? We've been a few times now to try to work it out!

But whatever it is it's still a very pleasant bar to spend an hour or so in and I'm sure it will be a regular visit for us.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Cocktail Master Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had an amazing time here and worth every penny. I booked this for my friend's hen and it was so much fun. We all got to go behind the bar and try out each others cocktails. The massive expresso martini was one of the favourites but all of the cocktails were extremely tasty and the finale fire cocktail was amazing. Thank you Matt, it was the best way to start a great evening.

Visited April 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A shambles!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Avoid this bar at all costs! I had the misfortune of booking a table at this awful place- they didn't have a record of the booking and queried it over and over again despite being shown the email booking. When we eventually got taken to our table, we arrived to find another party being kicked off the table and a pile of broken glass on the floor. Our pre-ordered drinks were not ready and took some time to arrive. When they finally did arrive, half of the order was not available and we were offered a sub-standard replacement with no
apology. The place had no atmosphere at all- the music made me feel like I was in a hotel lobby, which we pretty much were. The loos were awash with water and vomit. Altogether a terrible experience- the one plus side being the fantastic door staff who could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

1 Thank sebra
Pevensey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic cocktails, good atmosphere and enthusiastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited last weekend for after dinner drinks with colleagues.
Having left a previous bar up the road due to bad service we just so happened to come across this tucked away cocktail bar. It has a great selection of spirits and knowledgeable staff. We are quite fussy drinkers and wanted to try some new cocktails, so were pleasantly surprised by our bartender who was able to recommend us fantastic drinks based on our individual preferences. She gave us some great information on the Tequila she was using in one of our drinks as well as a quick Spanish lesson. We were originally only going to pop in for one, but decided to stay for a few. Definitely worth a visit if you enjoy cocktails. The bar did get a bit crammed after 11, but is to be expected in central Brighton on a Saturday night.

Visited March 2014