“Authentic Spanish”

AguaDulce Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 1,189 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the Kings Road in Brighton, Bar Aguadulce is a bright and buzzy spot popular with locals and day-trippers from the capital who all love the down-to-earth atmosphere and authentic Spanish menu. Serving everything from tapas to fresh fish and homemade puddings, Bar Aguadulce is a good spot for get-togethers and after-work drinks-and-dinner dates. The restaurant has homely, um-pretentious and informal, with a very chilled vibe and the service is friendly. Strongly recommended are the Paellas and Rice dishes of which they are absolute specialists. Pop in for a glass of Sherry from their extensive selection, have it with a little tapa, or for a Schooner of the best Spanish beer imported in to the UK. Another feature worth mentioning is their menu which can be entirely prepared in a CELIAC friendly way. Gluten-free beers are also available and their gluten-free bread is baked in house by the Head Chef.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We visited this authentic Spanish restaurant on a cold and damp Friday evening, but the flavours of Spain (and an excellent bottle of red) soon took us to warmer climes.
The food was excellent. One of the more simple starters was aubergine grilled with honey which was heavenly.
The menu is very varied with some unusual dishes not often seen in restaurants outside of Spain. The menu certainly shows that Spanish food is not all about Paella and Tapas - although AguaDulce do both very well!
We shall certainly be eating there again when in Brighton.

1  Thank EricandKay
Write a ReviewReviews (1,099)

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Me and my fiance came here last year. We had a meal in the hotel and went for a walk and then we heard a nice music coming out of the restaurant about 4-5pm. Live Spanish music was always one of my favourite. So we decided to come in. Owner and two waiters meet us at the front and gave us a table. We though we will like some tapas or something light because we just had a meal, but after look at the menu, we decided to take paelo. For 2. I didnt expect anything really special, because we came for a live music, but when paela came to our table, we were shocked! What a huge masterpiece! Every single thing looked like put to order. If you would take a ruler, it will be the same gaps between every king prawn, every crab. Im a big perfectionist if we are talking about food. Im working with Michelin star chef as a second chef, so I know a lot about food. What I had that day - its a spanish masterpiece. Well done!
Taste - absolutely perfect. No messing around. Im happy that it taste just how it should taste like - no new flavours and experiments. I don't like when someone is changing a classic. Would you like to eat your prawn cocktail with spicy beef crisps and vanilla? Probably not. So, sea-foods wasn't overcooked, what is really popular in these days. Fantastic. 5*
Service was brilliant. They were really busy 5oclock on thursday, which is a good thing, and they had only two waiters, but they was a really cook guys. Really hard working people. I like this little touches, when instead of thanks, they saying ''gracias'' and instead of please ''por favor''. It helps you to relax more. Its a spanish restaurant, thats how its should be. Waited a while for your food, but thats what you need to expect in good restaurant - they dont use microwaves really ofter. If you can't wait - go to weatherspoons or Greene King pub - they will cook you a burger in 5 minutes. Smiles, good music - fantastic atmosphere.
This place isnt cheap, but usually you need to pay for a quality, but when your bill come up, we didnt even look at it. Your minds were far away from money at that moment. And thats good as well. That is one of the places, where you dont think about money. If they would charge you £60 ahead, you would be angry - its fine. Its one of the place, where you think, that money means nothing at these couple of hours.

Highly recommended. Highly. Seriously. One of the places I would mind to eat every single day. Price? Who cares? If someone would offer you to be really really happy all day long and will make you forget all your problems for £100, im pretty sure youll do it. Thats what they do. I dont know how, but it works.

Couple of tips for you - don't forget to book a table. They usually overbooked. And.. Relax. Have a seat like a boss, no stress or any other uncomfortable feeling in this place. Just good music, atmosphere, smiles and food.

One of the best meals I ever had around the world.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Came to eat here on the stormiest night of the year - not many brave souls were willing to face the elements! We bought our 7-year old and had an evening meal. The proprietor was nothing short of legendary - helping us with choosing the dishes and giving us just the right level of attention throughout. Introduced my son to shark and squid - different flavours and textures to the norm. Would definitely return here for the wonderful home cooked food and warm welcome.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I organised our office Christmas party – a group of 19, and booked the private dining room upstairs. We had a wonderful selection of eight tapas including Meatballs, Spanish Omelette, Prawns with Garlic, all served with lovely fresh bread, and lashings of Cava and wine. I cannot fault anything about the evening. The food was absolutely wonderful – so tasty and so fresh – a real taste of home cooking from Spain – and everyone in the group was very impressed and full of compliments! There were lots of “mmms”, “aaarghs”, and “wows” from the group as we savoured each delicious tapas. The service was impeccable – efficient, friendly, and attentive yet discreet. The actual function room is perfect for group dining or a party. The food comes up via a service lift straight from the kitchen, and the waiting staff are there ready to serve straight away. The owner Carlo was a true Spanish gentleman who made sure that we were all enjoying ourselves and that everything was up to scratch. We were also amazed at the value for money. Many people in our group said that they would definitely be making a return visit with their friends and family.

This restaurant is a hidden gem in Brighton, and talking as someone who has lived in Spain, has a Spanish partner, has family that live in Spain, and who absolutely loves Spanish food, I can honestly say that this restaurant exceeds all of my expectations and to be honest, I think it may be the best Spanish food I have ever eaten both inside and outside Spain! I for one will definitely be back, especially as I am dying to try one of their Paellas which come highly recommended by some friends of mine who have also experienced the delights of this restaurant!

I would HIGHLY recommend that you try this restaurant – you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Well done Carlo and all of your team for a fantastic evening!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I great little reatsurant, big on food and portions!
We took over a part of the restaurant for a christmas bash. Enjoyable with attentive staff and proprietor. The food was tasty and home made, with a good selection of wine and (Spanish) spirits, which were variously tried during the evening.
Will be back for a quieter evening!