“Great!”

AguaDulce Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the Kings Road in Brighton, Bar Aguadulce is a bright and buzzy spot popular with locals and day-trippers from the capital who all love the down-to-earth atmosphere and authentic Spanish menu. Serving everything from tapas to fresh fish and homemade puddings, Bar Aguadulce is a good spot for get-togethers and after-work drinks-and-dinner dates. The restaurant has homely, um-pretentious and informal, with a very chilled vibe and the service is friendly. Strongly recommended are the Paellas and Rice dishes of which they are absolute specialists. Pop in for a glass of Sherry from their extensive selection, have it with a little tapa, or for a Schooner of the best Spanish beer imported in to the UK. Another feature worth mentioning is their menu which can be entirely prepared in a CELIAC friendly way. Gluten-free beers are also available and their gluten-free bread is baked in house by the Head Chef.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to agua dulce three times now. Always great food, service and atmosphere...plus the dancing is superb! Any review tha says otherwise has a another agenda! Love this place!

There are newer reviews for AguaDulce Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My parents live in Valencia and I live in brighton, this is the worse tapas I have ever tasted. I cannot tell you how disappointed i was. We booked a table and we were delayed sitting down. The red wine I ordered they didn't have so they brought me white wine which I sent back. The wine they brought still wasn't the red I had asked for and tasted like vinegar. The menu looked great but the clams mussels and prawns were below average and swimming in oil. My partner ordered calamari which was cold and rubbery, shark which tasted like deep fried fish balls it was disgusting and definitely not fresh let alone shark and slow roasted pork which you couldn't actually chew it was so bad. We left after 30mins of sitting down, I would steer clear!

9  Thank FoodifeTompa
roquetasdemar, Owner at AguaDulce Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

i remember you perfectly,,you came on saturday night and i took you to your table (after 10 minutes,,wow what a delay on a fully booked saturday) and you asked for another and i told you that it had been booked and the customer had specifically ordered that table...this is why you are upset..the red wine you ordered wasnt given to you because it doesnt exist..you asked for a red vina sol..the waiter showed you vina sol which is white and then i explained the rest personally..as you ordered a half bottle and you wanted a red i recommended the anares rioja crianza which was opened and given you a taste which you confirmed was fine so why now say it tasted at vinegar?? you know as much about wine as you do about food. my mussels and clams are not cooked in oil as you can see from the descriptions of each tapa on the menu and my prawns are cooked with olive oil as they are pil pil and that is how they are meant to be...i could go on about each tapa you have complained about but you know what i cant be bothered,,,just to say if i were you i wouldnt put a bet that the shark isnt shark as i can prove this to you when ever you like ..you use the word disgusting...well i think it is disgusting that when i gave you the bill and asked if all ok you said yes and then you write all this rubbish just because i ddnt give you the table you wanted and as for telling people to steer clear who do you think you are to play with my business and income telling people not to come would you like me to tell your boss to sack you?...as you can see from my reviews most people appreciate spanish home cooking so i will stay with that and keep doing what my wife and i are doing..maybe you need a long holiday in valencia

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Brighton food critic Andrew Kay has recommended this restaurant time and again and I wish I had visited before as the food without a doubt is the best spanish cooking you'll find in the city. Great atmosphere and service too. If you like tapas and great meat and fish look no further than Agua Dulce.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went on Saturday night as a last minute decision, and it was definitely a good decision. The waiter and owner were very friendly and very knowledgeable. great, fresh home cooked Tapas, much much better than any Tapas I have had before. We will be going again next time we visit Brighton.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Sunday night with a group of 7 of us. The service was amazing, the waiter knowledgeable and pleasant!

The food was really tasty, we had a mixture of tapas and I had a main meal too of fillet steak, the steak was beautifully cooked and very tender. The tapas were tasty and a good size. Good wine as well and the atmosphere was really relaxed.

I will definitely be going back here and I highly recommend it.