“Very Tasty Lunch”

Pho
Ranked #43 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had not been to Pho before and visited today whilst on a day trip to Brighton. It has a very similar feel to Wagamama. The staff were friendly and explained the menu as soon as we sat down and the service was very efficient. We both had two courses from the set menu, we thought the pork spring rolls were delicious and better than the prawn one, the chicken curry was very tasty and probably a better choice than the stir friend noodles with chicken and prawn which were also tasty but a little bit bland. Overall we enjoyed it and thought it was excellent value.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had checked this place in the internet and it was really worth visiting. Great quality food and friendly staff that were truly in a flow to make it great for the customers.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

me and my friend often visit this place and we love their food alot but today we received the worst service.

we ordered drink and food together. food came pretty fast but the waitress we had did not bring our drinks until the food was served. i think its really bad to bring the food first than drinks.

at the payment, i had an extra stamp card from the last visit to be merged to my original stamp card so i was expecting to get 2 stamps on my original card. the waitress was not listening what we explained her and kept telling us "yes, one stamp per a visit" like we were the dumb ones and she just decided to fade out herself while we were not finished. so she basically ignored us explaining when we werent even being rude.

i really regret giving the tip.

1  Thank fadingout
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me alongwith a couple of my friends went to try this Vietnamese restaurant in Brighton. I was very skeptical at first since I had never tried Vietnamese cuisine before but nevertheless wanted to give it a try. Okay, getting down to the details -

Ambience and Set up - Amazing ambience which gives a really cosy feeling and has the perfect tones in the interiors that set up the mood for a nice meal.
Service - Lovely service, the lady who served us showed us how to enjoy the flavours of the vegetable rolls.

The vegetable rolls were just amazing. It was freshly made and set the bar quite high for the main course that was being cooked in the kitchen.
The lemonade was freshly squeezed, home-made and lacked the artifical flavours that dominate todays beverage industry.
I had Com Ga Cari - Chicken Curry which was amazing. The flavours were distinct and the fried onions and chopped nuts made a big difference to the entire dish. The spice was perfect to my indian tongue.
My friend ordered vegetarian soup noodle with mushrooms and it tasted lovely. I tried it and may I say, it was great.

All in all we left the restaurant with a smile on our faces and a promise in our hearts to come back again for some more.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our first experience of Vietnamese food and we did not leave disappointed. The currys are very good and fresh tasting, would definitely recommend. I have been back here a few times with my partner and we love it. The atmosphere is good and we will definitely be returning again.