“Great all round” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pho

Pho
Ranked #55 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great all round”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon. We were seated straight away. We had a wait a little while for them to take our order but after that our drinks and food arrived very quickly. All staff were polite and friendly. The food was excellent, really fresh and tasty. The lunch time offer is very good value for money- 2 courses for lunch £9.95. We would certainly recommend.

• Korean first
Brentwood, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best noodle soup EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have never visited Brighton before and have gone with my family for a few days! We got all dressed up and walked from our hotel (only 5 minutes away!) and tried to find somewhere to eat. We looked at one of the pubs but weren't really interested. We then went past Pho which, looked really attractive! We walked inside to see a happy friendly staff member approach us. The noodle soup was AMAZING and i highly recommend it. (Based with chicken stock) I loved it completly and would 100% go again!

Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Try it, you'll like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Really quite enjoyable: pho is one of my favoruite dishes and this was one of the best I have had. It was the broth: so full of flavour that I didn’t need to add the spoonful of hoisin sauce I usually need. The meat was a little wrong though: it was too thickly sliced and, bluntly, not enough of it for what was being charged. However, the summer rolls were extremely tasty (there was a hint of something citrus-ey in there that I never had tasted before – really stepped up the flavour) and they served it with proper peanut sauce – most places get it wrong but this restaurant knew the deal. I think the Sriracha sauce was watered down but it may have been just a local variant; it's fine though 'cause you can always just use more. Good drinks and the café sau da was spot on too. A great evening all-in-all and a great break from English food, if you need one!

The Pros:
- Interesting menu selection with all the standards and some intriguing twists. Had strawberry and basil sorbet, never had that before!
- Big flavours and lots of happy fullness to be had.
- Charming, attentive and lovely staff. I really like it when my server listens to me and gives me exactly what I asked for, no questions, no mistakes.
- Cool atmosphere with lots of space and comfortable seating.
- Very clean main floor with proper and tidy washrooms.

The Cons:
- A little bit pricey, but still very good.
- LOL I hated eating my pho with that wooden ladle! I should have asked for a normal porcelain spoon. Interesting idea but it was tricky to manage.
- My partner's dish had too much fish sauce - he smelled quite strongly for the next half day!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brighton, England
“Cheap, delicious, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visit Pho on a fairly regular basis, and am never disappointed - always fast, friendly service, wonderfully delicious food with great veggie and vegan options (and staff who are genuinely knowledgeable about those options). All at a price at which we can afford to treat ourselves for no good reason.

Visited September 2012
Brighton, UK
“Lunch wuth a Zing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have been here several times, always for lunch rather than evening meal, and have always had excellent, fresh, tasty south-east Asian food. Great in the summer months when you can sit outside and watch the world go by. Fabulous spicy salads as well as more conventional Vietnamese fare which makes an intriguing change from the usual Thai cuisine on offer elsewhere in the city. Good local beer to accompany the so-called "street food", and prompt, friendly service.

• Visited September 2012