“Yummy food!”

The Eastern Eye Restaurant
Ranked #181 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Simple, Authentic Indian cuisine made popular by signature dishes such as Dosa , Chettinad chicken, Goan Fish Curry etc. Along with unique selectionof appetisers and other main's. Our menu is relished by all kind of patrons from Vegan to Seafood lovers.
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a friend as I heard good things about this place and I wasn't disappointed. The food was yummy. We shared the chilli lime baby squid to start and the portion was very generous. Wasn't too keen on the batter but the squid was far from baby and the dip complimented the dish perfectly. For a main I had the traditional chicken tikka and my friend had the lamb Rogan Josh. The food was cooked to perfection from the popadoms to the main! Amazing flavors and very tender. The service wasn't the best but I think that was overshadowed by the fact we had were in a bit of a rush to catch a film so can't really blame the staff. Wasn't all that keen on the after dinner seed mix that came with the bill but I liked the originality of it. I'll be sure to come back again soon and try something a little different.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The cuisine is authentic. The service is fantastic. I have been to many restaurants in UK and this is one of my best. The South Indian delicacy - Dosa ( Indian pan cake) and uthappam( indian pizza)is a must try.
Highly recommended. I have recommended many of my work colleagues who were surprised with the taste and service of this restaurant.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have been going to Eastern Eye for lunch for more than than two years, and it's our favourite restaurant in Brighton. Whether we choose thali, dosa or chicken with potato, we always have a good meal at a very good price. The service couldn't be more friendly and helpful. And yesterday, for dessert the chef had prepared some srikand, which was among the best I've ever tasted. Don't miss this place!

chef_Murali, Manager at The Eastern Eye Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

thanks for your kind words sir we are very glad to that you've been coming to us regularly for almost 2 years. we hope to keep up the good service and food as you mentioned.

kind regards,
Chef Murali

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Through trip advisor we decided to try this place out. Fairly quiet as it was a Tuesday evening. Decor is a little shabby as others have noted but it's fine. Good range of menu choices and enough different takes on the norm to make the mouth water. We loved the spicy poppadoms and both curries were really very tasty indeed (names escape me), lots of fresh herb and spice flavours. The garlic Nan and ginger fragrant rice were delicious also. Good, prompt, polite service. Only grumble is that on the drinks menu and till receipt the Cobra is listed as 660ml but it comes as draft and at £4.50 is a little dear but the rest of the meal was reasonably priced. We'll be back!

hello sir,
we just installed the draft system recently as feedback from our customers. the pricing had not been finalised yet when you visited the restaurant so now we have a new drink menu and changed the price of the 1 pint Draft Cobra beer to be a bit reasonable than the other 660ml bottle beers we sell.

thanks for your comment
kind regards,
Murali

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hostess/server is the sweetest, although she may not understand you straight away in English. Be patient, repeat and everything will be fine.

Their peri-peri prawn appetiser is A-MA-ZING. It's sweet, sticky and spicy. I usually order one or two of those with a side of Basmati Rice and have that as my meal.

Oh, the hostess/server works the entire floor alone, so if at rush hour, have some time to spare.

It's worth the wait.