“Great vibe, lovely people”
Review of Planet India

Planet India
Ranked #93 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hove, United Kingdom
“Great vibe, lovely people”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We went with a big group of friends for a birthday. The owner was serving people, he is very friendly and helpful. The food was great though I can't handle spicy food (yes, silly to eat here but it was for a friends bday) but they were helpful when I asked for something mild and even brought me plain yoghurt when it was still too hot. The raspberry lassi was amazing and the owners knowledge and assistance in finding the right beer/ale was great.

New York City, New York
“Delicious food, lovely vibe and amazing people”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Planet India a few times and there is nowhere like it. So calm and relaxing, run by the loveliest people you could ever meet and the food.. well what can I say? Delicious doesn't even come close. If you live in Brighton or are just visiting then you must go. It gets booked up very quickly at weekends tho so book ahead. Enjoy!! :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 92631043
Brighton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A group of us ate here last night, the 31st, we didn't book but they managed to squeeze us in even though they were busy. The main guy who served us (I assume the manager) was really lovely and patient with our complicated allergy/ethical/indecisive needs and happily recommended dishes and adjustments.

The food was amazing, it tasted very authentic, no tikka massala in sight. The dhai bhel puri and Ketchoris to start were probably the highlight but the whole meal was wonderful! A really nice selection of beer on offer too. The restaurant itself has a nice family feel to it and therefore felt really cosy and friendly.

I am going back on Sunday so it must have been good!

1 Thank Mbowers13
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Indian restaurant in Brighton. Fantastic food, wonderfully homely atmosphere and very competitively priced!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a fabulous evening at Planet India. The menu is helpful as it describes the many alternative vegetarian dishes well. The staff are also very welcoming and attentive without being overbearing. The food is delicious too. Would recommend this restaurant to meat eaters and veggies. We took lots of people who usually insist on eating meat and they loved it too!

1 Thank Flowerbright
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious! For veggies and meat eaters alike”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I came here for a birthday meal with my mum, dad and brother. Given that it was a Tuesday night and right after New Year, I hadn't booked and had expected it to be pretty empty... I was wrong! We actually (luckily) secured the last non-booked table for four. Atmosphere was great, it felt like you were having an authentic Indian meal in someone's front room - in a good way!

We ordered starters; the samosas were great, the pea/coconut balls were good but the dhai bel puri was to die for! So unusual, but amazing. For mains, we each ordered a couple of half portions. All were good but the stand outs were the red lentil curry, the aubergine curry and the pea and paneer curry. Two portions of rice were more than enough for four of us too. Drinks-wise, my brother and dad enjoyed trying some of the more unusual beers, although dad remarked it would have been nice to have an Indian beer on the menu. Mum and I shared a bottle of house white which was well priced and easy to drink.

All in all, I'd definitely recommend... I'm vegetarian but the rest of my family are meat eaters and even my brother, who on the way there had been talking about how he wanted to have a bacon sandwich when he got home, came away so, so impressed! Our bill totalled £75 for starters, mains and a couple of drinks each - bargain.

3 Thank sofic88