“Fantastic food, fantastic value”
Review of Planet India

Planet India
Ranked #60 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The dhal bhel puri starter really gets the taste buds going and the portion size was good.
This is a vegetarian restaurant and I would say that there is nothing on the menu that I would not be happy to have again. The main course was so filling that there was no room for dessert.
Even the house wine was great value.

Our bill was £70 for four people including the wine and service charge!!! I left stuffed and happy.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The owners are extremely friendly and hands on.

Food and service is lo-fi in a good way and very high quality. Prices are very good too.

One of my favourite spots for sure

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I went here last night, not for the first time and as ever, the food was absolutely delicious. I phoned to book on the day (Wednesday) stupidly and of course, they were very busy but gave me a table at 8:45 and told me they would call if it became avaliable earlier. They did at 8:20. Brilliant given that they were very busy already. The food is amazing, authentic tasting and delicious, a hit with my veggie parents and us carnivores alike. Great service and good beer recommendations too! Thank you

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Everything about this place is relaxed and friendly, the service, the decor, the atmosohere and the music; mostly chilled reggae the night i was there. It really is a pleasant family-run restaurant with family photos all around the walls.
My friend and i shared an entree, some breads, rice and 4 half serves of curries (so that we could try more). We were really happy with everything, including dhal, aubergine and paneer dishes. Pretty good value and they also have a really tasty selection of imported beers to try.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

First vegetarian meal I have tried and went off the back of other reports. Restaurant was full and people seemed to be enjoying the food. Personally I didn't, but that may be the carnivore in me, the sauce was quite dry, so accompanied by the rice you can imagine. Great atmosphere and attentive staff, but not for me