“Go as soon as you can!”
Review of Planet India

Planet India
Ranked #103 of 1,188 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I read the reviews, it sounded good - and it delivered everything it promised! The restaurant isn't fancy inside, just really warm and welcoming. The menu is very amusing, the staff are really friendly and the main reason you go is because the food is absolutely delicious.

We had the puri starter that everyone raves about - and I would go back there for that alone.

A great little restaurant, just go and try it!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food, good choice, inexpensive, all the dishes tasted different (often not the case with Indian), vegetarian and vegan restaurant. Will certainly go again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I had my 62nd birthday meal here, courtesy of my son, a Brighton chef. His girlfriend made up the party, and their previous visits helped guide us through the menu.A very friendly welcome and excellent service complemented superb vegetarian dishes. Sharing the food was the order of the day, and as Borderers, we were delighted to find a full range of Williams Brothers great beers from Alloa, nicely chilled. As good an evening of Indian food as we've ever had.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

No room so we ordered takeaway which was quickly delivered. I suspect we'd have had to wait much longer in the restaurant. The food was excellent - Bhel Puri not to be missed. Small menu but well selected. Vegetarian. A winner!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had tried to get into this place lots of times but it was always fully booked. This time a friend managed to get a table.

You get a very warm welcome when you arrive. The place is casual and basic, giving it a very authentic feel. Personally I feel more comfortable in this sort of environment rather than formal dining.

The menu is brilliant - very frank descriptions of the food and the drinks.

The food is freshly cooked and delicious - we opted for the half portions because that way you get to sample more of the dishes. The portions are generous and everything is served with a smile.

It's a very lively place and as soon as one table left there were people queuing up for the next free table - testament to how good this place is.

We were not hurried in any way - we really took our time to enjoy the experience. The bill was incredibly reasonable.

I cannot recommend this quirky and excellent restaurant enough.

2  Thank flyingscotsman2