“Delicious food”
Review of Warung Tujuh - CLOSED

Warung Tujuh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An authentic Indonesian ding experience Indonesian food is at it's best when it is eaten at a Warung, a road side food stall which is frequented by locals and tourists alike. At a Warung you are guaranteed a wonderful gastronomic experience at a very reasonable price. At Warung Tujuh it is our aim to recreate this dining delight for you here in Brighton. With our Indonesian Chef's and owner we hope to bring selection of the dishes that make up our diverse regional cuisine to your table and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we have enjoyed creating them for you.
Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Dicious food- exciting vegetarian options. For my starter I had little vegetarian kebabs with a satay sauce. Partner had swordfish. Main was fairly quick being served and the customer service was very good. I asked if the dish Needed rice or if the server thought it would be fine and instead of upselling, he said it would be fine and he was right. Reason for not giving 5 is we have eaten better food ever in my life but I do feel for a vege option it's exciting and tasty and offers a new surprise!

1 Thank kathrynshaw

UK
“Best takeaway we've ever had”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have two toddlers so eating out is a challenge. We ordered take away tonight (which they delivered free). Take away is always an inferior product to eating at the restaurant. However, this was beautiful. Plenty of fresh, crisp vegetables, lovely, interesting, flavours and an all round triumph. I imagine eating in would be even better.

Bromley, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Please try restaurant - it was fab!! Food amazing, staff amazing other diners not so nice as were swearing a lot - not only were we moved tables but floors - how's that for service!!
I had a swordfish salad and it was the best Indonesian food I have had since I visited the country itself.

1 Thank hannah o
“Delicious Indonesian food”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food was delicious and reminded us of our trip to Bali. We enjoyed all the dishes we had, they tasted fresh and full of flavour. The menu had a very good choice and as a vegetarian I found plenty of things on the menu for me. The only problem for vegetarians is that several of the dishes contain shrimp paste - this is marked on the menu. I asked if one of the soups could be made without this ingredient and the waitress said no but there was a similar kind of soup they could make for me which wasn't on the menu but would be adapted from a dish that was. The service was friendly and quick. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank GemmaBW
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great fresh (and reasonably healthy) food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Been here several times for dinner. The food is excellent - fresh, tasty and reasonably well priced.

Would recommend the Mee Goreng if you like you noodles, and the Nasi Lemak as a main. Both are pretty authentic, and better than I've had elsewhere in UK.

There's also a black rice pudding. Not quite as nice as the version from my childhood, but good all the same, maybe not for Western tastes though.

• Visited May 2013