“VERY PLEASANT EVENING TILL YOU ASK FOR THE BILL..”
Review of Warung Tujuh - CLOSED

Warung Tujuh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings
Description: An authentic Indonesian ding experience Indonesian food is at it's best when it is eaten at a Warung, a road side food stall which is frequented by locals and tourists alike. At a Warung you are guaranteed a wonderful gastronomic experience at a very reasonable price. At Warung Tujuh it is our aim to recreate this dining delight for you here in Brighton. With our Indonesian Chef's and owner we hope to bring selection of the dishes that make up our diverse regional cuisine to your table and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we have enjoyed creating them for you.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been waiting for long to come to this restaurant as I have been recommended by friends. So I decided to celebrate my birthday party here with all my family and friends. We did have great time, the food was amazing and the service was great! We did really admire how the staff cope with all of us (massive group) and how loud we were!! But at the end we felt sorry for them as we got the bill and the one of the staff were asking for the signature if we wanted to pay the service charge. We did all wanted to pay the service charge but what we did not know what was the purpose to sign the bill. The officious staff explained us that the company needed signatures from customers in order to give the service charge to the staff! Otherwise the company will keep them! We did feel really disappointed as we had a really great time as we realize that the company was keeping this "additional discretionary 10% charge" from everyones bill as they actually keep them and leaving the staff with no tips at all as the people thinks that this "10% discretionary charge" will go to them! I think this is not very ethical to do this to your staff as a restaurant owner/manager as they do actually provide the service and that extra smile that perfectly fits the food they serve. An unforgettable yet awakening experience. Farewell to this restaurants who prefers to keep the service charge rather than making the staff happy so they can actually provide an excellent service!

5  Thank jessicasimpson2000

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and my partner went for a dinner here for the first time the other day. We did have great food, good atmosphere and excelent service! But for our surprise and embarrassement: we have been asked if we wanted to pay the service charge as we got the bill on the table, we were more than happy to pay it as we really had great time! The staff let us know that the COMPANY requires signitures so the could get the service charge! Basicly the COMPANY keep the service charge witout even telling clearly to the people that they keep it leaving in this case their staff with no tips as the people is hoping that staff gets that "discretionary 10% charge added to our bills" that for sure they dont even pay taxes for it! Restaurants likes this should be embarrassed as we felt keeping this money that is not even belong to them. We think that is more like STEALING peoples money as STEALING the staff's money which we really feel pay as they do really provide an excelent service. PLEASE ASK TO TAKE OFF THE SERVICE CHARGE OR SIGN THE BILL STRAIGHT AWAY SO STAFF COULD GET THEM!

6  Thank Par G
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

So I've been here a few times and regardless of the fact I live in London, I love coming here when I'm in the city! It's not too far from the pier and is a lovely place to come for lunch or dinner. The food is beautifully presented and the tastes are authentic and flavourful! I love their satay starters as I hate filling up on starters and regretting it when your main arrives! The prices are so fair for what you're getting and their set menus help to break down the choices as they have a lot of amazing dishes! Take some time to eat here and you will be hooked!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

good service and food very good.. slightly cheeky that sides such as plain rice etc.. not listed on menu.. else good value food

1  Thank Ahmed4321
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Delicious food, great selection on the menu. Good service and excellent value for money. I have been a few times now and this place never disappoints.