“Indonesian taste explosion”
Review of Warung Tujuh - CLOSED

Warung Tujuh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings
Description: An authentic Indonesian ding experience Indonesian food is at it's best when it is eaten at a Warung, a road side food stall which is frequented by locals and tourists alike. At a Warung you are guaranteed a wonderful gastronomic experience at a very reasonable price. At Warung Tujuh it is our aim to recreate this dining delight for you here in Brighton. With our Indonesian Chef's and owner we hope to bring selection of the dishes that make up our diverse regional cuisine to your table and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we have enjoyed creating them for you.
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

So I've been here a few times and regardless of the fact I live in London, I love coming here when I'm in the city! It's not too far from the pier and is a lovely place to come for lunch or dinner. The food is beautifully presented and the tastes are authentic and flavourful! I love their satay starters as I hate filling up on starters and regretting it when your main arrives! The prices are so fair for what you're getting and their set menus help to break down the choices as they have a lot of amazing dishes! Take some time to eat here and you will be hooked!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Delicious food, great selection on the menu. Good service and excellent value for money. I have been a few times now and this place never disappoints.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Popped in here one evening on a recommendation, don't be put off by the unassuming location the food was delightful and I was already planning what to have on my next visit before I'd finished this one!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My friend and mum booked this venue for a meal as part of my hen do meal, as my origins are from Malaysia. The Indonesian style of cooking is similar to the typical 'fusion' cooking available in Malaysia.

Amongst our favourites were, Beef Rendang Dajing-slow cooked beef in coconut milk-tender with spices, Nasi Lemak and Mi Goreng. Look these up for more information, as they are full of flavours, you should try at least once in your lifetime if you are a true foodie!

The staff were really welcoming and were attentive throughout, without being over-bearing.

In Malaysia I have always loved anything with pandan in it. This the 'juice' of a pandan leaf that is often used in deserts to give a subtle 'coconut like' flavouring. The staff brought out a huge pandan cake which made the meal even more impressive. They had sourced the pandan essence and taken it to the local baker to get the cake made especially for me, as they did not have it on their menu.

The meal and wine all reasonably priced, generous portions and of a high standard.Tiger beer is also on the menu!

I would recommend this venue for intimate or larger meals. The upstairs is particularly good larger parties.

Thank you for making part of my hen do so memorable. I will be back next time I'm in Brighton :O)

1  Thank Boogy73
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The lunch deal is incredible value at £7! I definitely recommend the chicken soup to start with. It's out of this world! Then go for the nasi or mi goreng, with a cheeky bit of sambal on the side. great service amazing food and incredible value.