“Very nice”
Review of Warung Tujuh - CLOSED

Warung Tujuh
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings
Description: An authentic Indonesian ding experience Indonesian food is at it's best when it is eaten at a Warung, a road side food stall which is frequented by locals and tourists alike. At a Warung you are guaranteed a wonderful gastronomic experience at a very reasonable price. At Warung Tujuh it is our aim to recreate this dining delight for you here in Brighton. With our Indonesian Chef's and owner we hope to bring selection of the dishes that make up our diverse regional cuisine to your table and we hope you enjoy eating them as much as we have enjoyed creating them for you.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Food is fresh and very tasty. Staff are very friendly. It has been recomended by Indonesian friends saying it's the best you can find in Brighton!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I’ve spent quite a bit of time travelling around Indonesian and Malaysia so was keen to try out Warung Tujuh. Although I live in Brighton and the restaurant is pretty central, it’s off the beaten trek and not somewhere you’d just stumble upon. From the outside the restaurant looks tiny, however once inside you discover it goes up another 2 floors. We were eating early at 6.30pm on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was already really busy.

The menu is very extensive with lots of interesting Indonesian dishes – we are all either vegetarians or pescetarians and were really well catered for and got a selection of starters to share and 4 different main dishes, all of which were excellent and very authentic. The service was excellent, and the staff were very helpful and will cook vegetarian options of dishes on the menu if asked.

They also serve Bintang beer (which I’ve not seen outside of Indonesia) which really was the icing on the cake!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having read all the raving reviews, my family and I were rather disappointed by this seemingly cute little Indonesian restaurant. The portions were on the small side and, what is more important, not so tasty. Kind of flat, actually. The service was a bit pushy and somewhat inexperienced. We had hoped for more, which one can easily find in many SE Asian restaurants in Brighton.

5  Thank Smokedeel
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I went to this restaurant early one Thursday evening so it was very quiet. The food was amazing, I would recommend the swordfish sate, absolutely beautiful and served on a stick of lemongrass instead of a skewer. I would also recommend the squid stuffed with prawns. Everything we had was lovely, fresh and well cooked.

The service was also good, when we ordered the waitress explained our dishes had similar sauces and wanted to check this would be ok. She recommended other things that would complement what we were eating and when we said we lined our food spicy had it cooked to our liking.

I will definitely return, so much looks good on the menu and we were made really welcome, well worth a visit

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went to this place on Saturday night - after initially cancelling the booking, i had an email back saying thanks, but please come and see us again - I like that, so I did indeed make the effort to go along. From the outside, it looks quite small, but that adds to the ambiance somewhat once you are inside. I had not had Indonesian food before - let me say something - I have been around the world, but the food I ate here on Saturday night had to be tasted to be believed - it was stunning, fantastic, wonderful all rolled into one - it was my birthday, and I cannot remember a meal I have enjoyed more. From the starters, that I wont embarrass myself by trying to pronounce ( spring rolls ) to the main course, where I had swordfish, and my wife, had a beef dish, along with noodles and a local dish of some sort, it was the tastiest food I can recall ever eating. We live two hours from Brighton, and will be returning in the New Year - definitely a visit to this restaurant is a must - cannot praise it more - 10 out of 10.