“A lovely night for my husbands 40th :)”

Mediterraneo Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 1,186 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Mon to Thu Lunch/Dinner, by private hire only.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Having read all of the fantastic reviews on trip advisor I was keen to secure a table at this restaurant. After making a booking it was great to receive an email shortly before our visit with details of the dishes that were going to be on the menu on the night of our visit. On the night of our booking we were running slightly late and received a call from Giorgio just it check we were ok - nice touch! The food we were served was extremely good and the wine complemented it perfectly. We were made to feel very welcome and definitely want to return very soon with some Italian friends as we know they will appreciate the experience as much as we did!

6  Thank Rachelhazell

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My fourth visit to this delightful little restaurant and once again it was excellent. The food is always beautifully cooked - I had the steamed cod which was sublime - and presented. The puddings are wonderful cakes or a "to die for tiramisu" I always have the latter as it's so good but in the interests of research! I felt I should try the cakes and I'm glad I did - on the evening of our visit the choices were a limoncello cake, chocolate and nut and banana and rum. I had the latter and it was very very good.
As I've said in previous reviews the food is excellent but what makes this place stand out is the owner Giorgio and his wife Sonia who greet you by name and are friendly, personable and attentive. What a triumph for this lovely place over all those bland generic chains.

4  Thank ellie0253
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had a good dinner at Mediterraneo : the place is quite small and we felt lucky to have a table. Dinner was good but a bit greasy. The host was really friendly and very Italian. However, from the reviews, I was expecting better. Menu was pricey for what it was.

2  Thank Miss4455
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have become regulars at Mediterraneo over the years, enjoying the fab coffee, lunches and cakes. And we got to know Sonia and Giorgio well who, when they weren't rushed off their feet, would indulge us with a little Italian language practice together with our food. So it was an ideal choice for us to celebrate a 'big' birthday with friends we met at Italian class. The food was typically Sicilian and cooked beautifully and the choice and quality of the wine was superb. It was just like being in Italy.

4  Thank Brighton_Ragazza
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This restaurant was a highlight on a recent trip to Brighton. Food is unpretentious Sicilian - I had spinach lasagne which was delicious. Also very good value bottle of white wine. Giorgio (sorry if I'm not spelling this right) could not have been more obliging - he really wants you to enjoy the food his wife cooks. It's a cosy candle-lit place, almost like being in someone's house. Our party was comprised of both vegetarians & meat-eaters and we all thought it was excellent.
Go!