“Great little restaurant with a very welcoming host and beautiful food.”

Mediterraneo Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Mon to Thu Lunch/Dinner, by private hire only.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We spent a lovely couple of hours on Friday, eating scrumptious food, drinking delicious wine and talking to the lovely hosts, Giorgio and Sonia, who run the restaurant totally themselves. The level of care, the warm welcome and relaxing surroundings are a haven in this busy, bustling city. Highly recommended!

2  Thank 273Sue
There are newer reviews for Mediterraneo Restaurant

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Wonderful meal Saturday night in Mediterraneo. Greeted by name which was a lovely touch. Lovely food and wine. Actually cant fault it. Well worth the 5 week wait to get in! Will definitely be going again.

2  Thank newtotravelnorfolk
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Living just found the corner from this deli, I have used it sometimes for a lunchtime sandwich and was amazed to read the reviews here. Finally got an evening table due to a cancellation.
The candlelit interior is an amazing transformation from the daytime deli I'm used to. The host was charming and makes a real effort to make people welcome. Its the first restaurant I've ever been where every guest is welcomed by name.
The setting and the host are just right for a romantic meal - which wasn't really what I was there for (I was with a friend). The food was nothing special, competently done traditional Italian food.
I noticed every other table appeared to be a couple and this restaurant is ideal for that special occasion. We had to get away promptly but this place is really for enjoying that long leisurely meal with your partner.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is the quaintest place I have ever eaten in, with the hosts Giorgio and Sonia being the best hosts I have ever had makes this place to eat in. The food is great it's not the Italian stuff you expect but what the Italians would expect if you were in Italy. Local home taste. It was a pleasure to eat there. One of the things I like is that you are not rushed at all, the table is yours for the evening. You feel that you have known Giorgio for ever like a friend, as he explains the tastes and how and what's in the meal you've chosen, they will add or take bits away if you are unsure what they taste like or if you do not like them.
Well done to you both.
We will be eating here again.......as I am sue Max will.... Thanks again.

2  Thank Knocker874
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I took my girlfriend here for a valentines surprise. We travelled from London for the evening and it was well worth the travel!

We are both big food lovers and this meal massively met our high expectations. The ingredients were fresh, seasonal, well presented and plentiful.

Giorgio and Sonia make an incredible team serving lovely traditional Sicilian food which is not only served with a smile, but with a story and explanation of the flavours and recipes (along with wine recommendations if you want).

We were both made to feel so welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. So much so that we have already book a return visit for my family.

Take the time to enjoy this dining experience in a lovely atmosphere with a brilliant host.

1  Thank Tudor J