“Absolutely amazing”

Ranked #22 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Mon to Thu Lunch/Dinner, by private hire only.
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This deli is the most amazing place we have ever found. My father and step mother booked their two tables for the night and their wedding dinner and the Sicilian couplewe're absolutely amazing. Not only had they planned a huge menu for choice, but they had also considered vegetarians, in case there had been some and had a fabulous choice of drinks. The food was outstanding and they Made us the most fabulous limoncello cake of which the leftovers we're carefully wrapped for us to take home.

6  Thank sad_ken1981

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ordered a baguette to take away - when it came I realised I'd miss-placed a ten pound note. The owner amazingly told me not to worry and pay him another time. I left it with him whilst I drew some money out and went back to pay - but what a nice gesture, and great customer service which has guaranteed a return visit from me in the future. And to top it off, it was very tasty! Thanks!

5  Thank eatalot t
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Eating here felt like you were being spoilt.
The food was lovely, proper authentic cooking but the service was even better. Giorgio was so friendly and obviously passionate about the food and the couples Sicilian background.
It was a very intimate atmosphere. Nice things to buy on the shelves so we could buy some special coffee for the babysitter!
I hope word gets around so that this place stays full and keeps going. Good luck.

5  Thank MissyMelanie
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We visited this little Deli Restaurant on a Saturday night. A teeny tiny place, it was full with four tables. The owner Giorgio is such a proud and happy person and he and his wife run the cutest little establishment. If you are in Brighton then go visit. But you must book first!!

6  Thank GBtravellinggirl
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a lovely evening here for my girlfriend's birthday. Giorgio emailed us a menu in advance and welcomed us with such friendliness and warmth. The food was excellent and the wine accompanied it beautifully. A very small and intimate place, but a wonderful little find. Highly recommended.

5  Thank Simon V