“In a league of its own”

Mediterraneo Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Mon to Thu Lunch/Dinner, by private hire only.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“In a league of its own”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

As black man, living in Brighton, I wish I could say that the best place to eat in the city center was the West Indian shop in Preston circus.
However, despite my bias, I am forced to admit, in all honesty, that there is a tiny cafe/restaurant, hidden in the backstreets which is head, shoulders, knees and toes above the rest.
The food rivals that of the very best French or Italian chefs. And the prices are so low...
I keep expecting to go there one day to find that they have doubled them (like other food outlets would if they had that much to offer). But, so far (1 year at least), it has not happened.

No wander all the local connoisseurs and gourmets meet in this little place.

One last word, if I may. It's about the service.
Once, I was dinning outside on the terrace with a few friends. While we were talking and eating one of my friends dropped their knife.
Anywhere else you'd just pick up your knife and carry on right?
Not there. Within seconds, out came the manager with another one.
How he could, from the back of his kitchen, tell the sound of a falling knife apart from that of a fork or spoon, I'll never know. Having distinguished this by means I cannot fathom, why he would care enough to rush out with a replacement is again beyond me.

All I can say is: this place is in a league of its own

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank sam N

London
“Simply amazing food lovely place”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

What can I say simply amazing food lovely ambiance. Food as it should be with service to match. I feel that good cuisine and service deserves to be shouted about... Well done Mediterraneo

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank David J
“Great little place”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I go to the place 2 to 4 times a month for lunch, the food is tasty and at a good price, atmosphere always relaxed and informal, owners are great and passionate of their food, one thing i would recommend is more variety of dishes, keep up the good work

3 Thank Superfly78
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful piece of Sicily here in Brighton.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would urge anyone that is thinking about visiting Mediterraneo to stop thinking about it and pay them a visit. The food, simply put, is amazing. It's obvious that the owners are very passionate about their food and this comes across with the wonderful flavours they manage to achieve. I have been a regular here for a while now and have tried most things on the menu all of which are an absolute delight.

The place has a lovely cosy, relaxed atmosphere with some beautiful pieces of artwork decorating the walls. You really can forget the hustle and bustle of city life in this lovely little sanctuary away from it all. I feel very lucky to have a place like this on my doorstep. It saves me having to go all the way to Italy each time I want to eat some great authentic Italian food. (Although that is always nice too !).

Keep up the good work guys and I'm sure I'll be in again very soon !!!

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Ayhan S
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, fabulous service”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a few days in Brighton for our 5 year anniversary and wished to book a restaurant to remember for the anniversary night! We were not disappointed! Giorgio made us feel very welcome and waited the table like a pro. The starters were amazing and Giorgio happily told us how he lovingly made all his traditional food, even down to the yeast! I looked forward to the main of lasagne since booking and was not disappointed. Th cakes made by Giorgio's wife were melt in the mouth good, although I was very full after starters and main, I took half my cake home, which Giorgio kindly wrapped. This restaurant is bring your own alcohol and a very good price for three courses, therefore ensuring I had money to spend on goodies in Brighton the next day! Giorgio also kindly takes time out of his day to email menu options back and forth until you are truly excited about the culinary experience you will have on the night of dining. Thank you Giorgio, if we come back to Brighton, which I hope won't be too long, we will definitely book again!

• Visited November 2012