“Indian heaven in Brighton”
Review of Kemp Spice

Kemp Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Kemp Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #811 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
lewes
“Indian heaven in Brighton”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Kemp Spices is not in the heart of brighton which is a shamed because it would get more customers , I've been going there for some time now, I have never experience a bad meal in there , both Ray & SIm I found are charming ,the cleanness is to a very high standard with very very clean toilets .

more people should hunt this restaurant down its on St Georges Rd only one block away from the sea front and between the hospital go find it you won't be disappointed I never am!

• Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Bland”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My meal arrived and there were 5 pieces of meat swimming in a sea of sauce, the paratha was burned to a crisp and disintegrated to the touch and the only waiter in the place was more interested in watching the cricket on the TV then asking if my meal was ok.
The food was tasteless and bland and I'm not sure what the meat was. It was supposed to be chicken but I got thin slices of "somethning". This too was tasteless.
There was no atmosphere with no music or anything, which is fine is you like cricket!
Would I return or recommend - not a chance!

• Visited March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Mixed impressions”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have had curry from here twice, and the first time is was fresh, tasty, delicious and very enjoyable. The second time it was like a dodgy, over oiled take away that had been sitting in a vat of oil and then hastily reheated for our order. Perhaps two different chef styles. We are ordering from here again tonight, fingers crossed we'll have the first chef again.

• Visited December 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great Indian restaurant with good vegetarian options”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Really tasty food, as a vegetarian it was nice to find that any dish could be made with Quorn. Well worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been living in the Kemptown area of Brighton for several years now, and have lost count of the times I have walked past the Kemp Spice, without actually going inside for a meal.
This all changed last Tuesday evening, when I finally paid the restaurant a visit.
Being early in the week, there were only a few tables occupied, but this is a small place, so it did not feel particularly empty.
The surroundings were simple but clean, the waiter was efficient, without being over bearing or pushy.
The dishes my friend and I decided on were lamb tikka, meat korma, and couple of side dished and a roti.
The food was fresh and tasty, and comparable with other Indian restaurants in the city.
The prices were reasonable, and there was no service charge added to the bill, which is quite unusual these days.
Why, It took me so long to experience the delights of Kemp Spice, I have no idea, but will certainly make up for it by going as often as I can.

• Visited August 2013