“Oh Oh not Ole Ole”

Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 1,112 Restaurants in Brighton
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a lively spot complete with Flamenco dancers, live bands and delicious Spanish cuisine.Relish in the finest Sangria, tapas and true Spanish ambiance, featuring an authentic floor show of Flamenco music and dance. Travel to Spain with Ole Ole and join us for an "Evening in Andalusia". Ole Ole is all about honest food of the earth, natural and real.
London
“Oh Oh not Ole Ole”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

apart from the live entertainment, the attitude of the management towards guests is thoughtless. Customer service NIL. we were rushed with our poor quality food, and then surprise surprise, told to leave as our table was boooked for another party waiting outside the restaurant. No coffee or deserts offered, JUSTGET OUT NOW you have overrun your time. so we had only 90 minutes for our Christmas party. Avoid this place, they do not deserve to be in business.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LouisWood

Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“More like 'Orrid, 'Orrid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Should have gone to La Tosca.

We were just in the mood for Tapas, Indian tapas, but we found that Chilli Pepper had moved from the lanes. The other Spanish bar was fully booked so we managed to book into Ole, Ole. They only had 2 slots available and they were accompanied by a flamenco dancer. We decided on the earlier booking so we could have an early night ready for our long drive home.

Arriving a little early, only 1 other table was occupied by 4 diners. The waitress was very friendly and told us a little about the wine we had chosen as it came from her region. Selecting 5 dishes we settled in readiness for our meal. The bread and olives was very nice. Good tasting olives and just the right softness making them enjoyable. Bread nice and fresh but no oil and vinaigrette to go with the bread as requested.

Prawns were probably the best dish out of the 5 selected. The garlic sauce they came in was very flavoursome wit the right amount of garlic without drowning out the flavour of the prawns which had a lovely crisp bite to them. The sausage dish was ok but a little oily, so much so that the oil did not sit well in my tummy making me feel queasy. The meatballs were a disappointment. I love tapas meatballs with a spicy tomato sauce, making my own regular. These meatballs were lighter in colour and not much flavour. The sauce again was paler in colour and not very hot with a bit of a skin on top. The potato in tomato and sausage sauce again was very oily. The potatoes tasted reheated. I can not even remember the last dish we had, obviously memorable, not!
The wine was very vinegary and what with the oily foods, it caused heartburn later to such a degree that it caused me to be sick on returning to the hotel.

A great place to meet up with your friends for a good natter, trouble was, it was the staff who were meeting up with their friends, in the kitchen!. Straight from outside and into the kitchen questioned the hygiene of this laps behaviour. As all our dishes came out at separate intervals, that took the pleasure out as at times I was waiting for the dish I had chosen. All the tapas I've ever visited always brought the selected dishes out altogether. Maybe if they didn't allow people to walk into the kitchen, willy nilly, then the cooks could concentrate on the orders and get them out to the customer hot.

In the hour we were there I lost count on the many different people who walked into the kitchen. The kitchen was clearly visible as it was located at the back of the room with a half wall. Bare cold white walls with a few pictures scattered around. Wooden floor and a little thoughtless rustic design. We expected the restaurant to be full as we were told only the two slots were free yet a large group of people walked in off the street with no booking and were accommodated. Only 2 other tables that were set up for booking were filled while we were there.

I do have to say the flamenco was good. Very nifty footwork was displayed and the music had the life associated with flamenco. Just a shame the food didn't.

3 Thank Halifaxlady
“Book here ASAP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked about 3 weeks in advance and was disappointed that the only space was for 9.15pm...... The manager told me that this would be better anyway because of the evening entertainment, I said yes and stated it was my wife's birthday so was the booking guaranteed, it was......wow, was I glad I booked and went with the 9.15.... Stunning food, stunning atmosphere and stunning entertainment.... All for a reasonable price comparable everywhere else in brighton but in my opinion, a cut above the rest. The manager had even put a little bunch of flowers on my wife's table!!! We ordered about 7 tapas dishes between the 2 of us and that was plenty plus a pudding, beware if your not keen on garlic.... We are and the food was delicious.... The only thing I would say is all of our dishes came out fairly close together so we ended up eating some of them cold but they were so busy and the service didn't lack.... The live flamenco dancing topped off the whole evening and was just brilliant.....a massive thank you for a great evening

Orpington
“Went for Lunch November 6th 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went for lunch and found this little gem in the lanes. It was excellent. Every aspect of the meal was excellent. The staff were friendly and very helpfull. The food was the best we have had for ages in a Tapas bar. The waiter actually undercharged us for a bottle of wine. Would highly recommend this place and will be going back next time we are in Brighton. Whole experience was excellent.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“AWFUL, JUST AWWFFUULL!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Absolutely the WORST tapas I have ever had!!! Went there for a friends birthday, expecting at least some average tapas. This place is an INSULT TO SPAIN!!! Paid ridiculous prices for the TINIEST tapas portions I have ever seen. Even in Spain, where you would get free tapas with a drink, it would be bigger than the portion served here. Also it was unbelievably BLAND in taste. SHAME ON YOU Ole Ole!!! You have made a mockery of Spanish Tapas!!! Go to CASA DON CARLOS around the corner for great food, prices, and much larger portions, more choice, including daily specials and a far better atmosphere.
It was so bad, and I felt so swindled, I can say with confidence 'I HATE YOU OLE OLE AND I WISH YOU EVERY FAILURE IN YOUR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE, aND FOR ALL THOSE WHO WORK IN YOU, FOREVER!!!'

8 Thank DRfood2013