“It's ok, I guess”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
St. John's, Canada
“It's ok, I guess”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I chose this restaurant as it was close to my hotel and time was at a premium. I was sorry I had.

The place was very busy (owing to a largish convention next door). Service was understandably on the slow side although our waitress was really lovely and appalled that I didn't like my meal.
I've travelled to Greece a few times and LOVE the food. Sadly, only the pita bread was great. Everything was bland or tasteless.
It's too bad, really. Great location and nice staff.

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Gibraltar
“Delicious home-cooking”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We fancied something a bit 'different' and as we don't have any Greek restaurants near home, thought we'd give Steki's a try. Some of the Tripadvisor reviews made me a bit nervous, but hey...

As we entered we were greeted and shown to the table of our choice (there were a few other diners, not many).

We plumped for a bottle of Retsina and ordered the meze for 2 plus Feta Saganaki with honey (which is a delicious fried feta cheese). We also ordered a side of Greek salad.

Main course I wanted Moussaka but there was none left (disappointedm but on the plus side shows it wouldn't be coming out of the freezer!) so I plumped for Stifado, and hubby went for Kleftiko.

What can I tell you? That the starters were SO tasty & filling we almost couldn't eat our mains? (the octopus was simply divine!) That the mains were SO delicious we couldn't leave them? We love our food and we love GOOD food. This is GREAT food! (oh and yes, we know Greek food very well, through travel & through family)

We had a coffee and Tsipouro to finish - no room for a dessert. The bill was in the region of £55. Amazing value, amazing food and a lovely place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank janeymac
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food, bit of a squeeze”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was lovely. Not as big a choice as I've had before in Greek restaurants but the food was good quality. It was a bit tight to fit us all in though!

• Visited September 2013
hove sussex
“fab night”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

we had a very nice meal here on saturday night friends from Iceland loved the food,service was great food came out piping hot.
Would deffo go back.Oh yes and the place was packed

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank simba1945
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Close to Hotel - a big plus”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I loved being able to get a "bottle only" of Pino Grigio by the glass! Hence, very accommodating staff. Unfortunately my partner was not very keen on the food and is well versed in Greek food! Nice atmosphere with exterior eating for hot nights.

Visited August 2013