“Lovely meal and great service!”
Review of Steki Brighton

Steki Brighton
Ranked #261 of 1,139 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
southampton
“Lovely meal and great service!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We came here for the 2nd time during a trip to Brighton. Lovely food, as it was on our last visit. Great value for money, traditional, great tasting Greek food! Fantastic service from the waiters as well!

• Visited December 2012

• Greek first
“Great food, affordable prices”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Its a great traditional greek place with good, fresh food, try the stuffed calamari its out of this world, also fresh fish when available, meat dishes are not the best but depends on the type of dish you are having, the staff is very good lately, price wise is fair, it changed chefs last time we were there but we did not feel any drop in the quality, overall recomnended

brighton
“left a bad taste....”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visited Steki for the first time last night on my birthday and we will not be going back. The ambience was awful; bright lights and overly loud music. The toilets were disgusting and grubby; I counted 5 empty toilet rolls on the cistern. the candle holder on the table housed a dusty tea light which no longer contained any wax.
We ordered a mezze platter to share which although an adequate portion, was very overpriced at £16. However, the prawns were so overcooked, the meat had welded to the outer shell ,making them inedible and it came in a congealed luke warm sauce. The hummus had gone off and had that 'fizzy' taste, and the olives were so salty I needed the bottle of wine (you can't order anything by the glass other than the house wine) to take away the taste.
We declined to hang around for the mains.
The waiter was apologetic but didnt seem bothered and appeared confused when we politely complained. We made a sharp exit to a nearby pub, where we enjoyed a delicious food with excellent service

• Visited November 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very Greek!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's a little while since we have been to this restaurant but the food always reminds me of the times we have spent on the Greek Islands. I think the food in Greece can be very different depending on the locality. This restaurant seems to have a menu very similar to food we have eaten in Naxos and Poros. I must say I really enjoy eating at Steki. It's often quite busy with Greek people which must be a good sign. I have always found the service to to good and the staff friendly. I tend to stick to the same favouite dishes and have never been disappointed. We usually have a selection of dips to start with a small carafe of ouzo followed by a traditional moussaka. Although they seem keen to serve the moussaka with fried potatoes I always ask for a salad instead and they are always happy to oblige. The prices are reasonable and I always enjoy the times I have spent in this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have recently eaten in Stekis thanks to a living social voucher. The voucher was for 2 mains plus litre of wine, we also ordered starters, we hadn't realised what big portions they would be, so unfortunately couldn't finish the meal. We would definitely return ( no starters next time ) the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the ambience was very good.