“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Fishy Fishy - CLOSED

Fishy Fishy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Description: Fishy Fishy Seafood Brasserie, a relaxed, informal, predominantly seafood led dining experience in Brighton promoting fresh, local and seasonal seafood. With its focus on all day dining encouraging, a relaxed atmosphere and its simple décor including a large outside dining area.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a rainy Monday in November. There were only a handful of other people in the restaurant but all the same it had a lovely ambiance.
I started with 6 fresh oysters, daughter one had the fish soup and daughter two the Calamari. I tasted all the dishes. The fish soup was chock full of seafood, the Calamari cooked perfectly in a crunch batter, my oysters were heavenly.
Main courses were Monkfish with Panchetta & Cauliflower cheese, I had the pan fried cod with a chorizo risotto and my other daughter had fish and chips. The food was lovely, presented nicely and the portions were generous.
We couldn't mange dessert!
We were served by a charming chatty waitress who was extremely helpful.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have waited a long time to try this restuarant having read many a positive review, so my expectations were high.
How dissappointed I was by the main course, We enjoyed a sharing platter to start, with Calamari, Prawns and Thai fishcakes, all very nice. However, I went for the special of sea Bream with a caramilised shallot dressing and found that the fish was slightly overcooked and the dressing non-existent, the fish was quite dry and pretty tasteless, along with undercooked and flavourless new potatoes i barely ate the meal, My partner had the Sri Lankan fish curry which was hearty and fullfilling.
Whilst dining,another table had two dishes returned, 1 for shell in the food and another for a vinegar taste to the fish pie.
I would also suggest they look at revamping the toilets, the seat (plastic) was soiled and the paintwork scuffed and grubby.
For a total bill off over £80.00 ( tip included, as my partners a woose!) with only one glass oof wine between us we were left a tad disappointed.

1  Thank blend37
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Came here with friends over the weekend and loved it. Waitress was really friendly and helped us choose as the menu all sounded fab. Best salt and pepper squid we've ever tasted - huge compliments to the chef! Really nice atmosphere and would definitely visit here again next time I'm down in Brighton. Highly recommended!

1  Thank PennoChester
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very nice fish restaurant in the heart of Brighton. Food is pretty good and the ambience is cozy. Not over priced. Decent portions and good wine. I would return.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a fabulous meal at Fishy Fishy while visiting our Son at uni in Brighton. Tables are a little crammed in, and restaurant split over 3 levels of building. However, food was fantastic. We had the sharing platter to start and then had two different lobster dishes, thermidor and lobster and prawn cocktail. Both were delicious. Artisan breads and oils were good too. Service was friendly and good. It was a little slow (due to the number of tables one waitress was covering) but as we weren't in a rush it was nice to take it easy and have a leisurely meal.