“Bland”

Ranked #194 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BRIGHTON A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. The lovely Brighton restaurant is located on Black Lion Street, a stone's throw from the seafront, nestled within Brighton's famous Lanes. The rooftop terrace is a great spot to enjoy a drink and a bowl of our freshly made pasta or a burger after a trip to the beach, or relax in one of the cosy booths and watch the chefs at work in their beautiful open kitchen. There's something for everyone here, whatever the occasion - a quick bite with friends or a big family dinner - come in and soak up the atmosphere while you tuck into some delicious Italian food.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Bland”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The steak was bland and served on a large wooden plate with no real effort in its presentation. The meat was tough and of poor quality. This is the second time visiting Jamie's and we were not impressed with the first visit. It's a shame as Jamie's reputation should be that of high quality, service and a great atmosphere. The latter did live up to my expectation.

Sorry fella....the food is decidedly average and therefore overpriced as a result.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Not that impressed”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We chose this restaurant for my wife's birthday, we took our 3 grandchildren aged 2,4 and 7 and their mum, our daughter, we got there just after opening at lunchtime.
We were shown to our table by a pleasant waitress and ordered drinks, it was quite noisy but not too bad.
The kids chose what they wanted and we ordered ours, I had the Norfolk pork chop with roast potatoes, which was very tasty but no veg, now for £16.99 I would've expected veg with it and not as an extra side! my wife ordered the burger, mistake! it came piled up about 10 inches tall with a skewer through the middle, when this was removed the whole thing fell to bits, and to top it. she said it was quite tasteless, our daughter had the pasta arrabiatta which she enjoyed.
We also had desserts which were ok but nothing special.
I don't really like being rushed whilst eating, but it's like "get em in, get em fed, get em out" now when it came to pay the bill I'm sure the waiter was well naffed of because I didn't leave a tip, he just clammed up and walked away! now maybe it's my Northern roots but unless the whole experience has been exceptional then I don't tip, never have, never will, so I didn't!!!
All in all I don't think we'll be going back, there are far too many eating houses to sample out there.

• Visited December 2013
Lake Worth, Florida, USA
“Inventive and tasty!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I ate at Jamie's in Brighton this week and had a very enjoyable meal. There were some very inventive twists on traditional Italian food, and the service was excellent. I will definitely return!

Visited December 2013
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and staff but take headphones”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked through the new gold card scheme and was straight forward on arrival did not like our table as we were moved quickly. A nice treat came for gold card holders and a Christmas present to. We had crab and avocado bruschetta and fried cauliflower with cheese both yum and the whole stuffed baked fish was excellent. I found the operation very professional but very noisy to the point that you could not speak to each other, so although I liked the food etc I would not return as a couple this place is better for groups.

Visited December 2013
Brighton
“Always a good meal here”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Love Jamie's as the service and food for me has always been really good. It can be noisy at times especially upstairs where they seem to sit large parties so ask where you are sitting if you want somewhere not so loud. The sides are great if a little small at times so order plenty especially the chips. The dishes are not too large so this gives you room for starters and dessert. The specials are always worth exploring and ask the staff for their recommendations. One disappointing dinner is the burger, it's just too tall and not that great. I hope they change this dish.

• Visited November 2013