“Last minute delight”

Ranked #341 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BRIGHTON A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. The lovely Brighton restaurant is located on Black Lion Street, a stone's throw from the seafront, nestled within Brighton's famous Lanes. The rooftop terrace is a great spot to enjoy a drink and a bowl of our freshly made pasta or a burger after a trip to the beach, or relax in one of the cosy booths and watch the chefs at work in their beautiful open kitchen. There's something for everyone here, whatever the occasion - a quick bite with friends or a big family dinner - come in and soak up the atmosphere while you tuck into some delicious Italian food.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We visited Brighton on New Years Day and was disspointed the shops were shut. Fortunately Jamie's Italian was open and offered a table for 8 immediately. We are Jamie fans so was anticipating being delighted, and we were. The menu was very diverse and the kids enjoyed both theirs and the adult meals. I had the burger and polenta chips, which was delicious. The atmosphere was great, waitress friendly and the whole experience relaxing and scruptious. Cant wait to go again! Well done Jamie, your staff did you proud!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,644)

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went there one Friday evening in a group of 4, it was bust but because of the booking system now we managed to get a table no problem. In any case we enjoyed their rather great and well priced cocktails beforehand. All mains were extremely tasty and the pasta is incredibly fresh. Whether you're looking for an amazingly authentic Italian experience (this isn't... food in Italy is hit and miss), or just great interpretation of it in a really convivial setting Jamies is a great place to spend a few hours.

It is also reasonable and would put many Brighton restaurants (which are at the top of the rankings here) to shame as a whole. Many people are cynical and wouldn't want him to succeed I think.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went for lunch with a couple of friends and it was faultless. Service was excellent, food was excellent. Price was definately affordable and everyone enjoyed themselves. Will definately be returning, great restaurant.

1  Thank MistyW79
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Large group of us had booked and paid deposits, a gluten free place was requested. Our coeliac friend was presented with bread on his plate, not ofered an alternative starter an then given polenta chips which are normally fine for coeliacs. However aftr he eaten some was told by the waitress not to as they had bee coated in flour.
He was then served his main of fish with hard sprouts as the only side dish. An hour later he was feeling sik due to haing eaten the flour coated chips and had to leave.
When we spoke to the manager about it, he was really rude and defensive and ended up having a row with us in the restaurant in front of ciustomers! We left feeling embarressed and not listened to.
Terrible customer service, will not be returning.

2  Thank Helen T
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the second time me and my wife have been here, she loves this place and to be fair I really liked the food and atmosphere on my first visit.

I don’t know if the menu has changed since our first visit but I struggled to find something that really caught my eye, to be honest there was a lot of different choice but not what I would call real Italian meals. I was hoping that they may have had a really good Pizza, but no Pizza’s on the menu.

But my wife enjoyed her meal and so did I, the food was nice but just hoped for a little more real Italian choices on the menu.

I would return, we had a great waitress and like I said, what we ate was nice.