“Way Way Way too long a wait”

Strada Cucina Italiana - Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
South West England
“Way Way Way too long a wait”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We arrived at our table at around 2:00pm so had missed the main lunchtime rush, but the staff at Strada still managed to have us sitting around either waiting for our order to be taken, or waiting for our drinks or for a food for ages. Our food eventually came nearly two hours after we had entered the restaurant. The food was nice, but to be honest by then we were so hungry we would have eaten anything. Maybe that is the Strada plan, make you wait so long you don’t care anymore, which is a shame as as I mentioned above the food is good. The other bit that put us off was that the table we were seated at had a lovely view of the local Brighton Drunks and down and Outs. Will we be back, er NO. Must try harder.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank PoliteEngineer

“Nice experience, nice food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant serving Italian food. The food was very tasteful, not very big portions though! Freshly cooked food with herbs offering great taste. The atmosphere was good but noisy place! I recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank Stelios_Lymbouras
London, United Kingdom
“Nice service but poor food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This place has a great team and looks like it does lots of business at lunch, but the dinner food just didn't cut through the clutter. Rather bland and average food here, but with a smile and nice facilities.

If you have no tastebuds, take a trip -- everything else is fab bar the cuisine.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank James K
Hove, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were taken to the Strada to celebrate my husband's 70th birthday. The staff were very polite and attentive without being overbearing. The food was excellent and our waiter brought us all a liqueur on the house to wish my husband a happy birthday. Excellent.

• Visited July 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have eaten here more than 10 times now and I have loved every meal.
Great staff, friendly atmosphere, reasonable prices and LOTS of regular offers if you visit there web site.
I get 25% off each time I go just because I visit the web site and follow the offers link.
Looking forward to going again :-)

• Visited June 2014